Visiting Fellows and lecturers
The Media and Communication department is extremely fortunate to attract internationally renowned professors from all over the world every semester who are experts in various facets of the field.
All our visiting scholars give public presentations, invited postgraduate research seminars, and guest lectures into undergraduate courses. These collegial partners are also available for mentoring - and are wonderful international contacts for our students.
2017 Visiting Fellows
Professor Ben O’Loughlin, Professor of International Relations, New Political Communication Unit, Royal Holloway, University of London. Semester 1.
Some recent visiting professors are listed below:
2016 Visiting Fellows
- Dr Akil Awan, Associate Professor in Modern History, Political Violence and Terrorism in the New Political Communication Unit at Royal Holloway, University of London. Semester 2.
- Professor Justin Lewis, Professor of Communication and Head of the Cardiff School fo Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies at Cardiff University, Wales. Semester 1
- Professor Wayne Wanta, Research Foundation Professor of Journalism at the University of Florida, United States of America. Semester 1.
2015 Visiting Fellows
- Professor Steven Livingston, Professor of Media and Public Affairs at The George Washington University, United States of America. Semester 2.
- Professor Charlie Husband, University of Helsinki, Finland, and Emeritus Professor of Social Analysis at the University of Bradford, England. Semester 1.
- Associate Professor Inger Larsen, Danish School of Media and Journalism, Denmark. Semester 1.