Research interests include EU development policy, EU relations with the Pacific, EU relations with New Zealand/Australia, EU-ASEM process, CFSP (theory & case studies), integration theory, good governance & conditionality, EU diplomatic service and EU identity in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Holland M. (2021) Brexit in the Time of Coronavirus. Brexit and After Perspectives on European Crises and Reconstruction from Asia and EuropeSpringer Nature.
- Holland M; Haba K (Ed.) (2021) Brexit and After: perspectives on European Crises and Reconstruction from Asia and Europe. Singapore: Springer Narture.
- Holland M. and Doidge M. (2020) Trends and Trajectories in EU Development Policy. PIMA Bulletin 31: 32-33.
- Holland M., Sliwinski K. and Thomas N. (2020) Is Affective Effective? Measuring Affective Learning in Simulations. International Studies Perspectives http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/isp/ekaa005.
- Kelly S. and Holland M. (2020) Perceptions of Ireland in New Zealand. In Perceptions of Ireland in New Zealand, Commissioned by Irish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.