Research interests include EU development policy, EU relations with the Pacific, EU relations with New Zealand/Australia, EU-ASEM process, CFSP (theory & case studies), integration theory, good governance & conditionality, EU diplomatic service and EU identity in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Shannon W., Doidge MJ. and Holland M. (2019) A clash of internationalizations: New Zealand and the Bologna Process. European Journal of Higher Education 9(1): 73-86. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/21568235.2018.1561312.
- Vernygora V., Chaban N. and Holland M. (2019) Introduction. In Vernygora V; Chaban N; Holland M (Ed.), Asia Pacific Studies: New PerspectivesRoutledge.
- Chaban N. and Holland M. (2018) “Introduction: Partners and Perceptions”. In Chaban N; Holland M (Ed.), Shaping the EU’s Global Strategy: Partners and Perceptions: 1-25.Palgrave McMillan. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-92840-1.
- Chaban N; Holland M (Ed.) (2018) Shaping the EU’s Global Strategy: Partners and Perceptions. Palgrave McMillan.
- Kelly SL. and Holland M. (2018) New Zealand perceptions of an EU Free Trade Agreement – beyond the ISDS. Bath, UK: UACES 2018 Conference, 2-5 Sep 2018.