I have numerous research projects in various stages of completion. They involve the problem of induction, the nature of consciousness, the nature of propositions and possible worlds, the three great modal dichotomies (necessity, apriority, and analyticity), a kind of non-classical logic that I call "reticent logic", the problem of naturalising intentionality, and the physicalism/antiphysicalism dispute. I also have research interests in the philosophy of de-extinction and technological unemployment.
My personal research website with preprints of my articles is here:
- Campbell D. (2022) A very simple design for a very intelligent machine (but with a catch). In International Conference on Human-Agent Interaction ACM. http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3527188.3561942.
- Campbell DI. (2022) Why Katz is Wrong: A Lab-Created Creature Can Still Have an Ancient Evolutionary History. Ethics, Policy and Environment 25(2): 109-112. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/21550085.2022.2071555.
- Jha A., Campbell D., Montelle C. and Wilson PL. (2022) Not so distinctively mathematical explanations: topology and dynamical systems. Synthese 200(3) http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11229-022-03697-9.
- Campbell DI. and Yang Y. (2021) Does the solar system compute the laws of motion? Synthese 198(4): 3203-3220. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11229-019-02275-w.
- Campbell D. (2020) Greenbeard Theory, Meet Simulation Theory. University of Canterbury: New Zealand Association of Philosophy (NZAP) Annual Conference, 7-10 Dec 2020.