I have numerous research projects in various stages of completion. They involve the problem of induction, the nature of consciousness, the nature of propositions and possible worlds, the three great modal dichotomies (necessity, apriority, and analyticity), a kind of non-classical logic that I call "reticent logic", the problem of naturalising intentionality, and the physicalism/antiphysicalism dispute. I also have research interests in the philosophy of de-extinction and technological unemployment.
My personal research website with preprints of my articles is here:
- Campbell DI. and Yang Y. (2021) Does the solar system compute the laws of motion? Synthese 198(4): 3203-3220. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11229-019-02275-w.
- Campbell DI. (2019) The Fragmentation of Being. Australasian Journal of Philosophy 97(3): 634-635. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00048402.2018.1536999.
- Campbell D., Copeland BJ. and Deng Z. (2017) The Inconceivable Popularity of Conceivability Arguments. The Philosophical Quarterly 67(267): 223-240. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/pq/pqw066.
- Campbell DI. (2017) Against Lewis on ‘Desire as Belief’. Polish Journal of Philosophy 11(1): 17-28. http://dx.doi.org/10.5840/pjphil20171112.
- Campbell DI. (2017) On the Authenticity of De-extinct Organisms, and the Genesis Argument. Animal Studies Journal 6(1) 5: 61-79.