"Wo Es war, soll Ich werden" (Freud)
My research interests and contributions focus on how the subject can be understood within contemporary social, ideological, political and cultural systems. I primarily write on two areas: the critical history and resurgence of leftist politics and social movements; and subjectivities and affect as theoretically informed by Lacanian psychoanalysis.
I have co-edited a collection with Professor Todd McGowan, 'Can Philosophy Love? Reflections and Encounters' (Rowman Littlefield International, November, 2017), which interrogates and exposes the role love plays in knowledge.
I have also co-authored a book with Professor Ed Pluth, 'On Silence: Holding the Voice Hostage' (Palgrave Lacan Series, 2019).
I am currently working on two projects:an edited collection, 'Psychoanalysis and Stupidity' (Rowman and Littlefield, forthcoming 2021); and a sole-authored book on Vladimir Jankélévitch theory of political refusal.
I supervise post-graduate thesis students in the areas of psychoanalysis as well as critical, political and feminist theories.
My editorial commitments currently are:
Co-founder and editor, along with Assoc. Prof. Mike Grimshaw for 'Continental Thought and Theory (CT&T)': http://ctt.canterbury.ac.nz/
Advisory board member for 'Counterfutures: Leftist Thought in Aotearoa/ New Zealand': http://counterfutures.blogspot.co.nz
Editorial board for 'Contemporary Psychoanalytic Studies' book series (Brill)
Member of the Australasian Society for Continental Philosophy, Center for Lacanian Analysis (CLA, NZ) and the German Studies Association (Aust).
Currently I sit on the College of Arts Research Committee.
- Pluth E. and Zeiher C. (2019) On Silence: Holding the Voice Hostage. Cham: Palgrave Pivot. 102. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-28147-2.
- Zeiher C. (2020) Lacan’s Fifth and Unfinished Discourse: Capitalism’s Alchemist Dream. Filozofski Vestnik 41(1): 331-345.
- Zeiher C. (2020) Lacan’s Love for Socrates. Filozofski Vestnik XL(1): 65-85.
- Zeiher C. (2020) The Woman and her Name: Baxter, Véra Baxter. S: Journal of the Circle for Lacanian Ideology Critique 12.
- Zeiher C. (2020) Trump, Our Favourite Jouissance. CT&T: Continental Thought and Theory 3(1) 13: 200-218. http://dx.doi.org/10.26021/1176.