My research interests and contributions focus on how the subject can be understood within contemporary social, ideological, political and cultural systems. I write on two areas: the critical resurgence of leftist politics and social movements, and subjectivity, both as theoretically informed by an intersection of Lacanian psychoanalysis and critical Marxist theory. I have also published on the relation between science and psychoanalysis.
I have co-edited a collection with Professor Todd McGowan (Vermont University), 'Can Philosophy Love? Reflections and Encounters' (Rowman Littlefield International, November, 2017), which interrogates and exposes the role love plays in knowledge.
I am also co-authoring a book with Professor Ed Pluth (Chico University), 'On Silence: Holding the Voice Hostage' (Palgrave Lacan Series, 2019).
I supervise post-graduate thesis students in the areas of psychoanalysis, critical, political and feminist theories.
My editorial commitments are:
Co-founder and editor, along with Assoc. Prof. Mike Grimshaw for Continental Thought and Theory (CT&T): http://ctt.canterbury.ac.nz/
Editorial board member for Journal of Extreme Anthropology: https://www.journals.uio.no/index.php/JEA
Advisory board member for Counterfutures: Leftist Thought in Aotearoa/ New Zealand: http://counterfutures.blogspot.co.nz
I am on the advisory board for '(Non)sufficiencies' (Punctuum Books), a monograph series inspired by the critical engagement of contemporary French philosopher, François Laruelle.
I am a member of the Australasian Society for Continental Philosophy, Center for Lacanian Analysis (NZ) and the German Studies Association.
- Zeiher C. (2018) The Conjecture of Sovereignty: New Anxieties for the Subject. Journal of Extreme Anthropology 2(2): 92-110. http://dx.doi.org/10.5617/jea.6247.
- Zeiher C. (2018) Unbehagen: a gallantry with excess (vol 3, 38, 2017). PALGRAVE COMMUNICATIONS 4 UNSP 37 http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/s41599-018-0095-7.
- Zeiher C. (2017) Unbehagen: A Gallantry with Excess. Palgrave Communictions 3 38: 13. http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/s41599-017-0035-y.
- Zeiher C. and Grimshaw M. (2017) (Re)Thinking Marx's Capital, Vol 1. Continental Thought and Theory 1(4) 1: 1-3.
- Zeiher C. and Grimshaw M. (2017) What Can It Mean to be Feminist Today? CT&T: Continental Thought and Theory 2(1) 1.