Contact the Health and Safety Team
Or call the team on ext. 93636 (03 369 3636)
The Health and Safety team is responsible for:
- Ensuring that the University meets its obligations with all occupational safety and health statutes and regulations.
- Providing advice and assistance to staff and students around effective hazard management.
- Health and safety education aimed at empowering departments to effectively identify and manage the hazards in their area.
- Reporting and investigating events from across UC where staff/students/visitors /contractors have been injured or could have been injured in the course of their work.
- Provision of occupational health services for e.g. health monitoring/ flu vaccines
- Facilitating employee participation in Health & Safety.
- Maintaining an effective rehabilitation process for staff and students as required.
- Monitoring the Health & Safety performance across the University and reporting on this to senior management along with relevant recommendations for improvement.
If a Notifiable Event occurs, please contact one of the Health & Safety Team.