The past, the present and the future are intertwined. At UC the past is central to shaping our identity and how we act today. We carry our past into the future along with the mana of previous generations. We are also driven by our vision - empowered to act for good and determined to make a difference in the world.
Throughout 2023, we will celebrate our past and discuss our future direction. In doing so, we Invite key stakeholders on the journey – demonstrating how they can contribute and collaborate with UC to make a difference. Key objectives throughout this effort include:
- Focus on our leadership in treaty partnership, equity of access, and sustainability.
- Strengthen relationships with the city and region.
- Build strong foundations for UC engagement strategy and for future philanthropy.
- Raise awareness and funds for the accessible education Te Kakau a Māui scholarship.
- Reinvigorate connections with leaders, decision makers and influencers in Ōtautahi Christchurch.
- Celebrate the diversity of Ōtautahi Christchurch and Waitaha Canterbury
We will work closely with our treaty partner, Ngāi Tūahuriri, and our Pacific and wider UC communities to deliver an exciting programme of events from concerts to conferences, public talks to sporting events, student and alumni events on campus to community events while showcasing UC research and innovation in Ōtautahi Christchurch.
Join us as we celebrate our past, our support from and service to our community, and look to our future.
Amokapua te rōpū pāpori | Assistant Vice-Chancellor Engagement