Wananga landing Wananga landing

My eQuals document sharing

02 October 2023

You can order and access digital copies of official letters, academic transcripts, and degree certificates via the My eQuals online credential service. Learn more.



Universities New Zealand (UNZ) is a signatory of the Groningen Declaration on behalf of the universities of New Zealand, including the University of Canterbury.

As of 12th July 2018 the University of Canterbury will start providing digital official letters, academic transcripts and degree certificates via My eQuals, a secure online credentials service widely used by New Zealand and Australian Universities.

Please do not register independently in My eQuals: access must be generated by the Academic Records team, either following your graduation (if you are graduating after 25 July 2018) or once you have ordered a copy of your transcript. If you have any questions about My eQuals access please email Academic Records or call +64 3 369 5508.

We can only issue one digital transcript and one digital letter per person at any given time. You can re-use this endlessly by 'sharing' via My eQuals. 

If you have questions about how this works, please email Academic Records

For further general information on the My eQuals platform including:

please see the respective links.

Students and alumni must have a My eQuals account set up for them by Academic Records in the first instance. If you are unsure of whether or not you have access, please email Academic Records or call +64 3 369 5508 in the first instance.


Information specific to University of Canterbury and ordering through My eQuals is as follows:

Academic Transcript, Letter of Eligibility to Graduate and Letter of Conferment of Degree can all be provided via the My eQuals portal. Other official letters may be provided on a case-by-case basis.

If you have questions about what kind of documents can be provided, please contact the Academic Records team by emailing Academic Records or calling +64 3 369 5508.

Please note that there is a known fault with My eQuals and viewing your testamur on Apple products - the Chancellor's signature may not display correctly / show up as a black box instead. If this should occur, please view your documents using a Windows product.

Anyone who has studied at the University of Canterbury or at the Christchurch College of Education can apply for a digital copy of their transcript or an official letter.

Please note that if your qualification was conferred prior to July 25 2018 you will not be eligible to receive a digital copy of your testamur(s).

Access to My eQuals comes through the Academic Records team.  A student / graduate of the University of Canterbury (and/or Christchurch College of Education) must either apply for a transcript online in the first instance or have had a qualification conferred (i.e. graduated).

Once your transcript / letter / testamur has been issued, you will receive a notification via email from My eQuals. This will tell you that the University of Canterbury has issued documents to you, and will contain a link to register and set up your account. You must register via this link, and create an account using the same email address that the link has been sent.

Once you have an active account, you can log in to My eQuals at any time by using your email / password combination. If you forget your password, there is an option to reset this on the login page.

Please allow 10 working days for your order to be processed.

From 25 July 2018 onwards, all UC students will receive a free digital testamur and transcript via My eQuals within 2-3 days of graduation. A notification email is sent to your permanent email address in MyUC; this is not necessarily the same as your Graduation email address.

Students who require an official transcript but have not yet graduated, or graduated prior to 25 July 2018, need to order and pay for this using the online order form.

If you have ordered a transcript or official letter please allow approximately 10 working days for processing (this is a guideline only; during busy times it will take longer to process orders). An email notification from My eQuals will be sent to the email address that you provided in the order form.

Please note that email notifications from My eQuals are frequently diverted to spam / junk automatically.

Have you checked your spam/junk mail? The email notification from My eQuals is frequently diverted automatically. 

If you have checked your spam mail, and you have either had a qualification recently conferred and have waited until 3 working days after graduation or you have ordered a digital document and it has been longer than 10 working days please contact Academic Records or call +64 3 369 5508.

For Exchange students and Study Abroad students coming to us through a partner programme, a transcript will be automatically sent to your home university or Study Abroad programme at the end of your study once results are released. If you are not attending UC through a partner programme, the UC Mobility team will contact you as to where you would like your transcript sent. Please contact if you have any further queries.

If you apply for a digital transcript, when we have processed your transcript order, you will get receive an e-mail from My eQuals containing a link and instructions on how to set up your My eQuals account to access your certified documents.  Once you have set up your account, you can then share access to your documentation within My eQuals to another person or institution that accepts My eQuals.

Alternatively, we can send paper copies out to another person or institution. We cannot send digital copies to another person or a third party. 

No. Certification of a digital document is controlled by the University of Canterbury and My eQuals and a printed copy or a .pdf of this document is not considered an official record. If this certification is not acceptable, a hard copy (paper) version should be ordered.

You should be able to share a link directly with another person or institution; please see the My eQuals FAQs for information about this.

Privacy Preferences

By clicking "Accept All Cookies", you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyse site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts.