The Library applies fines for overdue loans as well as charges for damaged and lost items to encourage fair and equitable use of information resources and Library materials.
UC students can pay fines and lost book charges from their Canterbury Card account. We never take the money off until you ask us to.
- Make sure money is loaded onto your Canterbury Card, either at a reload station by EFTPOS, or online by credit card (via MyUC).
- Pay the fine or lost book charges using your Canterbury Card, either in person at any library information desk or pay online. Online payment is only available for UC students with valid IT accounts.
- UC staff and external members should visit a library information desk to organise payment by EFTPOS.
- You will receive an email confirmation when a payment has been made.
- You can check recent payments from your card at your IT Account. Your balance may take several minutes to update after a payment.
- If you are unable to load money onto your Canterbury Card or visit the library you can pay by internet banking with the details below.
Account Name: University of Canterbury
Account Number: 01 1839 0036732 00
Please include your invoice number and student number or borrower number in the reference field.
- If you have any queries about lost book charges, email the library staff.
- Please note we do not accept cash payment.
For normal items overdue, there will not be a fine for the first 1 day (grace period). After that, a fine of $0.25 per day applies (max fine amount $15.00).
The following fines apply for different types of loans: