Qualifications & Memberships
Natural hazard and risk assessment, with special interest in volcanic eruptions. Impacts of natural hazards to critical infrastructure and primary industries - including development of innovative methods to analysis vulnerability to volcanic ash fall. Community resilience to natural hazards. Evacuation and loss modelling using geospatial platforms (GIS).
- Davies A., Zorn C., Wilson TM., Wotherspoon L., Beaven S., Davies T. and Matthew H. (2021) Infrastructure Failure Propagations and Recovery Strategies from an Alpine Fault Earthquake Scenario: Establishing Feedback Loops Between Integrated Modelling and Participatory Processes for Disaster Impact Reduction. Bulletin of the New Zealand National Society for Earthquake Engineering 54(2): 82-96.
- Hayes JL., Wilson TM., Brown C., Deligne NI., Leonard GS. and Cole J. (2021) Assessing urban disaster waste management requirements after volcanic eruptions. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction 52 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijdrr.2020.101935.
- Hopkins JL., Smid ER., Eccles JD., Hayes JL., Hayward BW., McGee LE., van Wijk K., Wilson TM., Cronin SJ. and Leonard GS. (2021) Auckland Volcanic Field magmatism, volcanism, and hazard: a review. New Zealand Journal of Geology and Geophysics 64(2-3): 213-234. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00288306.2020.1736102.
- Paulik R., Crowley K., Cradock-Henry NA., Wilson TM. and McSporran A. (2021) Flood impacts on dairy farms in the bay of plenty region, new zealand. Climate 9(2): 1-18. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/cli9020030.
- Barton TM., Beaven SJ., Cradock-Henry NA. and Wilson TM. (2020) Knowledge sharing in interdisciplinary disaster risk management initiatives: Cocreation insights and experience from New Zealand. Ecology and Society 25(4): 1-18. http://dx.doi.org/10.5751/ES-11928-250425.