Fields of Research
- Late adolescence
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Cognitive and emotional processes influencing substance use behaviours
- Anger and negative emotions
- Marijuana use among individuals diagnosed with ADHD
- Neuropsychological assessment
Dr Harty’s research has been in the areas of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and late adolescent substance use. His is currently interested in the cognitive and emotional factors associated adolescent and young adult substance use. Specifically, his research is exploring the manner in which cognitive processes such as attention and working memory function in the presence of high emotional states and how those relationships influence risky decision making.