My vision is to improve mental health and well-being for all individuals, by making workplaces a positive part of people’s lives.
My research focuses on employee well-being and factors which lead to psychologically healthy workplaces, using psychology. I often collaborate with organisations in the diagnostic of stress and wellbeing, and the implementation of initiatives aimed at increasing health and wellbeing at work, applying psychological principles and knowledge about human behaviour and emotions to improve workplaces. For example, I have worked on several projects on psychosocial recovery after disasters focusing on how businesses can play an important role in individual and community recovery. I’m currently conducting research on how organisations and managers can make a positive difference and contribute to employee wellbeing.
- Eib C., Bernhard-Oettel C., Leineweber C. and Näswall K. (2022) You can’t always get what you want: mechanisms and consequences of intra-organizational job change among middle managers in Sweden. International Journal of Human Resource Management 33(15): 2961-2990. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09585192.2021.1886153.
- Giddens KSM., Kelly-Campbell RJ. and Näswall K. (2022) Compassion Satisfaction, Occupational Stress, Burnout Syndrome, and Resilience Among Experienced Audiologists. American Journal of Audiology 31(4): 1078-1087. http://dx.doi.org/10.1044/2022_AJA-21-00265.
- Plimmer G., Berman EM., Malinen S., Franken E., Naswall K., Kuntz J. and Löfgren K. (2022) Resilience in Public Sector Managers. Review of Public Personnel Administration 42(2): 338-367. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0734371X20985105.
- Wu C., Dorahy MJ., Johnston CM., Näswall K. and Hanna D. (2022) Shame, personality orientation, and risk in intimacy: direct and estimated indirect pathways. Current Psychology 41(7): 4557-4565. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12144-020-00966-z.
- Pawsey F., Wong JHK., Kenttä G. and Näswall K. (2021) Daily Mindfulness Is Associated With Recovery Processes Among Coaches—A 4-Week Diary Study. International Sport Coaching Journal 8(3): 371-381. http://dx.doi.org/10.1123/iscj.2020-0045.