My vision is to improve mental health and well-being for all individuals, by making workplaces a positive part of people’s lives.
My research focuses on employee well-being and factors which lead to psychologically healthy workplaces, using psychology. I often collaborate with organisations in the diagnostic of stress and wellbeing, and the implementation of initiatives aimed at increasing health and wellbeing at work, applying psychological principles and knowledge about human behaviour and emotions to improve workplaces. For example, I have worked on several projects on psychosocial recovery after disasters focusing on how businesses can play an important role in individual and community recovery. I’m currently conducting research on how organisations and managers can make a positive difference and contribute to employee wellbeing.
- Docherty PD., Fox-Turnbull WH., Naswall K., Homewood A., Bradley H., Zaka P. and Chase JG. (2020) The contribution of gender segregated secondary education on the progression to engineering. Australasian Journal of Engineering Education : 1-8. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/22054952.2020.1788254.
- Jiang L., Hu S., Näswall K., López Bohle S. and Wang HJ. (2020) Why and when cognitive job insecurity relates to affective job insecurity? A three-study exploration of negative rumination and the tendency to negative gossip. European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology 29(5): 678-692. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1359432X.2020.1758669.
- Munnik A., Näswall K., Woodward G. and Helton WS. (2020) The quick and the dead: A paradigm for studying friendly fire. Applied Ergonomics 84 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apergo.2019.103032.
- Wu C., Dorahy MJ., Johnston CM., Näswall K. and Hanna D. (2020) Shame, personality orientation, and risk in intimacy: direct and estimated indirect pathways. Current Psychology http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12144-020-00966-z.
- Hamilton Skurak H., Malinen S., Kuntz J. and Naswall K. (2019) The Relevance of Self-Determination for Corporate Volunteering Intentions. Voluntas: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations : 15. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11266-019-00140-5.