Research interests are centred on the role of nutrition in the expression and treatment of mental illness, from ADHD to depression to stress following natural disasters. Research methodologies include single case research designs, open label trials and randomized controlled trials.
- Kaplan BJ. and Rucklidge JJ. (2021) The Better Brain Overcome Anxiety, Combat Depression, and Reduce ADHD and Stress with Nutrition. Houghton Mifflin. 368.
- Rucklidge JJ. and Kaplan BJ. (2021) The Better Brain How Nutrition Will Help You Overcome Anxiety, Depression, ADHD and Stress. Random House. 368.
- McLeod GFH., Horwood LJ., Darlow BA., Boden JM., Martin J., Spittlehouse JK., Carter FA., Jordan J., Porter R. and Bell C. (2022) Recruitment and retention of participants in longitudinal studies after a natural disaster. Longitudinal and Life Course Studies 13(2): 287-306. http://dx.doi.org/10.1332/175795921X16168462584238.
- Perham JC., Shaikh NI., Lee A., Darling KA. and Rucklidge JJ. (2022) Toward ‘element balance’ in ADHD: an exploratory case control study employing hair analysis. Nutritional Neuroscience 25(1): 11-21. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1028415X.2019.1707395.
- Rucklidge JJ., Blampied FM., Manna L., Sherwin A., Bagshaw S., Mulder RT. and Boden J. (2022) Protocol for a randomised placebo-controlled trial investigating the efficacy and safety of a vitamin-mineral formula targeting dysregulated emotions in teenagers: The balancing emotions of adolescents with micronutrients (BEAM) study. Contemporary Clinical Trials Communications 30 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.conctc.2022.101027.