Research interests are centred on the role of nutrition in the expression and treatment of mental illness, from ADHD to depression to stress following natural disasters. Research methodologies include single case research designs, open label trials and randomized controlled trials.
- Barczyk ZA., Rucklidge JJ., Eggleston M. and Mulder RT. (2020) Psychotropic Medication Prescription Rates and Trends for New Zealand Children and Adolescents 2008-2016. Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology 30(2): 87-96. http://dx.doi.org/10.1089/cap.2019.0032.
- Blampied M., Bell C., Gilbert C. and Rucklidge JJ. (2020) Broad spectrum micronutrient formulas for the treatment of symptoms of depression, stress, and/or anxiety: a systematic review. Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics 20(4): 351-371. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14737175.2020.1740595.
- Blampied NM., Mulder RT., Usman Afzali M., Bhattacharya O., Blampied M. and Rucklidge JJ. (2020) Disasters, policies and micronutrients: The intersect among ethics, evidence and effective action. New Zealand Medical Journal 133(1508): 8-11.
- Borlase N., Melzer TR., Eggleston MJF., Darling KA. and Rucklidge JJ. (2020) Resting-state networks and neurometabolites in children with ADHD after 10 weeks of treatment with micronutrients: results of a randomised placebo-controlled trial. Nutritional Neuroscience 23(11): 876-886. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1028415X.2019.1574329.
- Bradley HA., Campbell SA., Mulder RT., Henderson JMT., Dixon L., Boden JM. and Rucklidge JJ. (2020) Can broad-spectrum multinutrients treat symptoms of antenatal depression and anxiety and improve infant development? Study protocol of a double blind, randomized, controlled trial (the 'NUTRIMUM' trial). BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 20(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s12884-020-03143-z.