Research interests are centred on the role of nutrition in the expression and treatment of mental illness, from ADHD to depression to stress following natural disasters. Research methodologies include single case research designs, open label trials and randomized controlled trials.
- Rucklidge JJ., Eggleston MJF., Darling KA., Stevens AJ., Kennedy MA. and Frampton CM. (2019) Can we predict treatment response in children with ADHD to a vitamin-mineral supplement? An investigation into pre-treatment nutrient serum levels, MTHFR status, clinical correlates and demographic variables.. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 89: 181-192. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.pnpbp.2018.09.007.
- Blampied M., Bell C., Gilbert C., Boden J., Nicholls R. and Rucklidge JJ. (2018) Study Protocol for a Randomized Double Blind, Placebo Controlled Trial Exploring the Effectiveness of a Micronutrient Formula in Improving Symptoms of Anxiety and Depression.. Medicines (Basel) 5(2) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/medicines5020056.
- Broom GM., Shaw IC. and Rucklidge JJ. (2018) The ketogenic diet as a potential treatment and prevention strategy for Alzheimer's disease.. Nutrition 60: 118-121. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nut.2018.10.003.
- Kimball SM., Mirhosseini N. and Rucklidge J. (2018) Database Analysis of Depression and Anxiety in a Community Sample-Response to a Micronutrient Intervention.. Nutrients 10(2) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/nu10020152.
- Rucklidge JJ., Darling KA. and Mulder RT. (2018) Addressing the treatment gap in New Zealand with more therapists-is it practical and will it work? N Z Med J 131(1487): 8-11.