Research interests are centred on the role of nutrition in the expression and treatment of mental illness, from ADHD to depression to stress following natural disasters. Research methodologies include single case research designs, open label trials and randomized controlled trials.
- Borlase N., Melzer TR., Eggleston MJF., Darling KA. and Rucklidge JJ. (2019) Resting-state networks and neurometabolites in children with ADHD after 10 weeks of treatment with micronutrients: results of a randomised placebo-controlled trial. Nutritional Neuroscience http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1028415X.2019.1574329.
- Broom GM., Shaw IC. and Rucklidge JJ. (2019) The ketogenic diet as a potential treatment and prevention strategy for Alzheimer's disease. Nutrition 60: 118-121. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nut.2018.10.003.
- Darling KA., Eggleston MJF., Retallick-Brown H. and Rucklidge JJ. (2019) Mineral-Vitamin Treatment Associated with Remission in Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Symptoms and Related Problems: 1-Year Naturalistic Outcomes of a 10-Week Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial. Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology 29(9): 688-704. http://dx.doi.org/10.1089/cap.2019.0036.
- Rucklidge JJ. (2019) Exposure to green spaces as a modifiable risk factor in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. The Lancet Planetary Health 3(5): e200-e201. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S2542-5196(19)30074-9.
- Rucklidge JJ. and Richardson AJ. (2019) Multinutrient Supplementation for Prevention of Major Depressive Disorder in Overweight Adults. JAMA - Journal of the American Medical Association 322(4): 366. http://dx.doi.org/10.1001/jama.2019.6467.