Research interests are centred on the role of nutrition in the expression and treatment of mental illness, from ADHD to depression to stress following natural disasters. Research methodologies include single case research designs, open label trials and randomized controlled trials.
- Borlase N., Melzer TR., Eggleston MJF., Darling KA. and Rucklidge JJ. (2019) Resting-state networks and neurometabolites in children with ADHD after 10 weeks of treatment with micronutrients: results of a randomised placebo-controlled trial.. Nutritional Neuroscience http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1028415X.2019.1574329.
- Broom GM., Shaw IC. and Rucklidge JJ. (2019) The ketogenic diet as a potential treatment and prevention strategy for Alzheimer's disease. Nutrition 60: 118-121. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nut.2018.10.003.
- Rucklidge JJ., Eggleston MJF., Darling KA., Stevens AJ., Kennedy MA. and Frampton CM. (2019) Can we predict treatment response in children with ADHD to a vitamin-mineral supplement? An investigation into pre-treatment nutrient serum levels, MTHFR status, clinical correlates and demographic variables. Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology and Biological Psychiatry 89: 181-192. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.pnpbp.2018.09.007.
- Blampied M., Bell C., Gilbert C., Boden J., Nicholls R. and Rucklidge JJ. (2018) Study Protocol for a Randomized Double Blind, Placebo Controlled Trial Exploring the Effectiveness of a Micronutrient Formula in Improving Symptoms of Anxiety and Depression.. Medicines (Basel) 5(2) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/medicines5020056.
- Kimball SM., Mirhosseini N. and Rucklidge J. (2018) Database analysis of depression and anxiety in a community sample—response to a micronutrient intervention. Nutrients 10(2) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/nu10020152.