My research focusses on mammals, including feral and invasive species, and explores the role of the individual in ecology. As such, my research spans physiological, behavioural and population ecology, with themes that are particularly relevant to management and conservation biology.
- Pay JM., Katzner TE., Hawkins CE., Koch AJ., Wiersma JM., Brown WE., Mooney NJ. and Cameron EZ. (2021) High Frequency of Lead Exposure in the Population of an Endangered Australian Top Predator, the Tasmanian Wedge-Tailed Eagle (Aquila audax fleayi). Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 40(1): 219-230. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/etc.4914.
- Aune A., Fenner K., Wilson B., Cameron E., McLean A. and McGreevy P. (2020) Reported behavioural differences between geldings and mares challenge sex-driven stereotypes in ridden equine behaviour. Animals 10(3) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/ani10030414.
- Hamilton DG., Jones ME., Cameron EZ., Kerlin DH., McCallum H., Storfer A., Hohenlohe PA., Hamede RK. and Hamilton DG. (2020) Infectious disease and sickness behaviour: Tumour progression affects interaction patterns and social network structure in wild Tasmanian devils: Sickness behaviour in Tasmanian devils. Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences 287(1940) http://dx.doi.org/10.1098/rspb.2020.2454rspb.
- Watts ET., Johnson CN., Carver S., Butler C., Harvey AM. and Cameron EZ. (2020) Maternal protectiveness in feral horses: responses to intraspecific and interspecific sources of risk. Animal Behaviour 159: 1-11. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.anbehav.2019.10.018.
- Davies GTO., Kirkpatrick JB., Cameron EZ., Carver S. and Johnson CN. (2019) Ecosystem engineering by digging mammals: effects on soil fertility and condition in Tasmanian temperate woodland. Royal Society Open Science 6(1) 180621: 10. http://dx.doi.org/10.1098/rsos.180621.