Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include tissue culture of ornamental, medicinal & woody plants, molecular biology and genetic engineering of plants, applied plant physiology and plant biotechnology, and seed physiology and biochemistry. Specific interests include: tissue culture of ornamental, medicinal and endangered N.Z. native plants; heavy metal detoxification in plants; phytoremediation potential of herbs and N.Z. plants; biochemistry of seeds and bulbs (corms and tubers) of ornamental plants; hydrolytic enzymes from plants and microbes; enzyme inhibitors from plants.
- Leung DWM. (2013) Recent Advances Towards Improved Phytoremediation of Heavy Metal Pollution. Dubai: Bentham Sciences Publishers. 150. http://dx.doi.org/10.2174/97816080578701130101.
- Leung DWM. (2019) Participation of hydrogen peroxide and nitric oxide in improvement of seed germination performance under unfavourable conditions. In: Nitric oxide and hydrogen peroxide signaling in higher plants. In Gupta DK; Palma JM; Corpas FJ (Ed.), Nitric oxide and hydrogen peroxide signaling in higher plants.
- Leung D. (2018) Studies of catalase in plants under abiotic stress. In Gupta D; Palma J; Corpas F (Ed.), Antioxidants and Antioxidant Enzymes in Higher Plants: 27-39. Cham: Springer. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-75088-0_2.
- Leung D. (2017) Potential of plant tissue culture research contributing to combating arsenic pollution. In Gupta DK; Chatterjee S (Ed.), Arsenic Contamination in the Environment The Issues and Solutions: 187-194.Springer International. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-54356-7_9.
- Leung DWM. (2015) Regulatory role of nitric oxide in alterations of morphological features of plants under abiotic stress. Nitric Oxide Action in Abiotic Stress Responses in Plants: 65-73. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-17804-2_4.