Membership freeze or cancellation
There may be times you need to freeze your membership for a brief time or cancel it entirely before the duration of the contract is complete.
Our Terms & Conditions form part of your contract and provide the guidelines to your entitlements. When you agree to the T&C's, you are agreeing to these terms. We use these terms to make decisions on requests for early cancellation or to freeze memberships.
- Staff, Friends of UC and Community members with 12-month memberships can freeze their membership online via the Client Portal.
- Minimum period to freeze is 4-weeks.
- Maximum period to freeze is 12-weeks.
- Maximum of two 'freezes' in any 12-month period.
- Freeze requests cannot included the UC end of year close down period (Between Christmas and New Years).
- The decision to freeze a membership shall be entirely at the University’s sole discretion.
- How to request a membership freeze, click here.
- For the full terms and conditions of your membership contract, please see your copy of your contract held within the Client Portal.
Cancellation of membership
- Staff, Friends of UC, and Community members may apply to terminate memberships early.
- To apply, please address an email to the Customer Experience Supervisor outlining your reason to request a cancellation and proposed end date. You may be asked to provide evidence as necessary to support your application (eg job offer, surgeon/doctor certificate).
- Any refund granted is calculated pro-rata for the term already used, and an administration fee of $25 is deducted from the final amount, should your request be approved.