If you fall under one of these criteria you are eligible for a Friends of UC discounted membership. If you are not sure whether you qualify for this discount please contact our Group Fitness & Customer Experience Team Leader.
UC Graduates (Alumni)
- Graduates of the University of Canterbury and the former Christchurch College of Education.
- Simply come and see our Customer Experience Team at the RecCentre with a photo ID, and let us know what year you graduated. We'll join you up on the spot, and check your graduation status.
- Should you not be eligible (eg you did not graduate from UC or CCE) you will be given the option to transfer to a community membership (paying the balance difference) or refund, with a $25 administration fee charged.
UC Affiliated Businesses
- We value our affiliated business partners' mahi for our students - you could be eligible if you work in a business on campus, such as accommodation providers, cafes and retail.
- Evidence will be required - if you are eligible for a contractor card (issued by UC Security), bring that with you and we'll use that for your membership card. If you don't have one, please contact our Group Fitness & Customer Experience Team Leader.
UC Sport Club Members
- Members of UC Sport Clubs, who are not enrolled at UC. Please contact us to check if your club qualifies.
- Proof of financial membership to that club will be required.
Other Secondary and Tertiary Students
- If you're 16 or older, and part of a secondary school or non-UC tertiary institution you may qualify.
- To register, bring photo ID with proof of age, plus proof of full-time enrolment to our reception.