Apply for a Student Parking Permit
An all-year or Semester student parking permit entitles the permit holder to park in areas designated for students. Purchase of a permit does not guarantee the holder a parking space. It is simply a license-to-hunt.
Cost (GST inclusive)
- All-year student parking permit is $475 for 2022.
- Half year permit is $237.50 for 2022.
- Quarterly permit is $118.75 for 2022.
- Monthly permit is $39.60 for 2022.
Permits are transferable. However, if you forget to transfer your parking permit to another vehicle and you wish to park on campus, a daily coupon must be purchased and displayed appropriately. Failure to do so will result in enforcement action and possible penalty as per the Parking and Traffic Statute 2017.
Obtaining a student parking permit
- Permits will be available from the Security Office at 114 Ilam Road.
- Credit Card
- Cheque (made out to The University of Canterbury)
Please be aware Lost parking permits will not be replaced as the parking permit once purchaced becomes the holders responsibility,