UC Health Centre
We are a Cornerstone accredited practice, the highest level of accreditation, signifying our commitment to continuous quality improvement and best possible care for patient
Please bring your Canterbury Card to every appointment
Our Receptionists are required to check IDs at every presentation to ensure that current students are not subsidising students that have completed their studies.
The card reader is not connected to our medical data base therefore you will still be asked to confirm your name / ID number.
Fee for domestic students enrolled at the UC Health Centre
Whilst the cost of consultations at the UC Health Centre are subsidised partly by the Student Services Levy, the Ministry of Health (MoH) provides the bulk of the UC Health Centre funding.
MoH has changed the way it funds primary health care services, therefore the amount of funding MoH provides for your healthcare at UC Health Centre will depend on whether you have a Community Services Card.
- If you are enrolled at the UC Health Centre and you have a Community Services Card, most of your GP consultations will continue to be free.
- If you are enrolled at the UC Health Centre and you don't have a Community Services Card, a $15 fee will apply for every GP and/or Nurse consultation.
How to apply for a Community Services Card
If you don't have a Community Services Card, please check that you meet the criteria for a card (ring 0800 999 999 or visit https://www.workandincome.govt.nz/products/a-z-benefits/community-services-card.html#null ) and apply as soon as possible if eligible. More information is available on the Work and Income website
Enrolling at UCHealth Centre
Enrolments are accepted at anytime throughout the year, however eligibility for the free general health care is based on the Ministry of Health funding dates and having a current Community Services Card.
Casual fees apply until your Ministry of Health funding is received (usually by the end of the following month after your enrolment form has been received). Please be aware that by enrolling at UC Health Centre, you will be removed from your current GP's register as you can only be enrolled at one practice at a time.
- Please download the 2020 Enrolment form
- Complete form in black pen, scan the form as a PDF attachment and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your form off to the Health Centre
- We will contact you if your form is not legible once printed to meet enrolment criteria.
- UC staff - we have closed enrolments for UC staff to ensure that we meet the demand for appointments from our currently enrolled patients within our current staffing resources.
Students must be seen or must contact the Health Centre within 24 hours of missing an examination to Apply for Special Consideration.
Cancelling Counselling Appointments
Counselling appointments can be cancelled / changed up to 24 hours before your appointment.
If you cancel a counselling appointment out of that timeframe, you will be charged $10.00, with the exception of 9am appointments which will incur a $20.00 fee as it is often difficult to fill this appointment within a short timeframe. The fee must be paid at the time it is charged or before your next appointment.
Health Centre Counselling is a student only service and we need to make sure that any available appointment slots are filled by students who need the help.
Please speak with the Practice Manager if you have exceptional circumstances for cancelling an appointment out of the time frame.
If you are an enrolled student at UC who has registered with the UC Health Centre, you usually qualify for heavily subsidised healthcare.
Register with the UC Health Centre
Being enrolled at UC does not automatically register you at the Health Centre – even if you have paid your student services levy.