Women in Engineering Residential Programme
19 - 23 January 2020
In 2019, UC held our inaugural WiE CAN Women in Engineering Residential Programme for 60 STEM enthusiasts from around Aotearoa. Over 5 days and 4 nights, these young women experienced a taste of various engineering disciplines - everything from building and programming an exo-hand to play a song on the piano, optimising and racing a miniature solar car, to building and testing structures to survive earthquakes.
We are excited to announce WiE CAN will return in 2020!
If you are…
- A female student* completing Year 12 in 2019 at a New Zealand high school
- Currently studying maths and physics
- Excited to explore the broad nature of engineering – relating to chemical and process engineering, civil and natural resources engineering, computer science and software engineering, electrical and computer engineering, and mechanical engineering
- Interested in pursuing a career in engineering
- Wanting to experience life as a UC student
- Looking for a fun challenge to take on during the summer holidays
…this FREE, hands-on programme is for you!
Applications will open mid-2019 so watch this space!
Engineering and technology touch all aspects of our everyday lives. It is a field with wide social impact, relevant to all parts of society, and is changing fast to meet the needs of the future.
We want to inspire the next generation of female engineers by giving you this opportunity explore engineering study options and career paths.
Engineering feats are everywhere…just look around you!
For more information, contact Kate at email@example.com.
*Applications open to female students or those who identify as female.