Dr. Zhang's research focuses on the combination of advanced manufacturing and biomedical fields. This includes electrospinning/bioprinting 3D scaffolds for in vitro Alzheimer’s disease models, microfabrication of microcalorimeter arrays for cellular metabolistic heat measurement, novel high speed bioprinting of complex tissues/organs, and mimicking human neural systems for artificial tactile perception and smart sensors/devices/robotics.
Currently, Dr. Zhang is teaching the special topic on Industry 4.0, including artificial intelligence and Internet of Things for advanced manufacturing. Dr. Zhang received his PhD degree in mechanical engineering and electrical engineering from Iowa State University. Undergraduate/postgraduate students or visiting scholars are welcome to join the research.
- Chen X., Liu S. and Zhang Y. (2020) Hydrogels and hydrogel composites for 3D and 4D printing applications. In Sadasivuni KK; Deshmukh K; Al-Maadeed MAS (Ed.), 3D and 4D Printing of Polymer Nanocomposite Materials: Processes, Applications, and ChallengesElsevier.
- Chen X., Ranjan VD., Liu S., Liang YN., Lim JSK., Chen H., Hu X. and Zhang Y. (2021) In Situ Formation of 3D Conductive and Cell-Laden Graphene Hydrogel for Electrically Regulating Cellular Behavior. Macromolecular Bioscience 21(4) http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/mabi.202000374.
- Qin L. and Zhang Y. (2021) A reference spike train-based neurocomputing method for enhanced tactile discrimination of surface roughness. Neural Computing and Applications http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00521-021-06119-y.
- Wang Y., Lu W., Yue D., Wang M., Tian B., Li Q., Hu B., Wang Z. and Zhang Y. (2021) A strategy to enhance the up-conversion luminescence of nanospherical, rod-like and tube-like NaYF
4: Yb3+, Er3+(Tm3+) by combining with carbon dots. CrystEngComm 23(4): 935-943. http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/d0ce01516d.
- Li Z., Feng H., Jin L., Zhang Y., Tian X. and Li J. (2020) Polymeric micelle with pH-induced variable size and doxorubicin and siRNA co-delivery for synergistic cancer therapy. Applied Nanoscience (Switzerland) 10(6): 1903-1913. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s13204-020-01263-8.