Dr. Zhang's research focuses on the combination of advanced manufacturing and biomedical fields. This includes electrospinning/bioprinting 3D scaffolds for in vitro Alzheimer’s disease models, microfabrication of microcalorimeter arrays for cellular metabolistic heat measurement, novel high speed bioprinting of complex tissues/organs, and mimicking human neural systems for artificial tactile perception and smart sensors/devices/robotics.
Currently, Dr. Zhang is teaching the special topic on Industry 4.0, including artificial intelligence and Internet of Things for advanced manufacturing. Dr. Zhang received his PhD degree in mechanical engineering and electrical engineering from Iowa State University. Undergraduate/postgraduate students or visiting scholars are welcome to join the research.
- Chen X., Liu S. and Zhang Y. (2020) Hydrogels and hydrogel composites for 3D and 4D printing applications. In Sadasivuni KK; Deshmukh K; Al-Maadeed MAS (Ed.), 3D and 4D Printing of Polymer Nanocomposite Materials: Processes, Applications, and ChallengesElsevier.
- Jiang C., Yang L. and Zhang Y. (2022) A Spiking Neural Network with Spike-Timing-Dependent Plasticity for Surface Roughness Analysis. IEEE Sensors Journal 22(1): 438-445. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/JSEN.2021.3120845.
- Chen X., Ranjan VD., Liu S., Liang YN., Lim JSK., Chen H., Hu X. and Zhang Y. (2021) In Situ Formation of 3D Conductive and Cell-Laden Graphene Hydrogel for Electrically Regulating Cellular Behavior. Macromolecular Bioscience 21(4) http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/mabi.202000374.
- Lyu Z., Pons D., Zhang Y. and Ji Z. (2021) Freight operations modelling for urban delivery and pickup with flexible routing: Cluster transport modelling incorporating discrete-event simulation and GIS. Infrastructures 6(12) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/infrastructures6120180.
- Qin L. and Zhang Y. (2021) A reference spike train-based neurocomputing method for enhanced tactile discrimination of surface roughness. Neural Computing and Applications 33(21): 14793-14807. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00521-021-06119-y.