Dr. Zhang brings research and experience from the combination of advanced manufacturing and biomedical fields. This includes electrospinning/bioprinting 3D scaffolds for in vitro Alzheimer's disease models, microfabrication of microcalorimeter arrays, design/fabrication of tactile sensors and machine learning for engineering applications. For example, the microcalorimeter array was used to monitor heat generation of cellular metabolisms, which can be used for environmental monitoring and drug screening. The bioprinter was designed based on non-diffraction laser beams used for 3D printing of vascular tubes used for the culture of complex tissues.
Future students or scholars are welcome to join the research.
- Li Z., Feng H., Jin L., Zhang Y., Tian X. and Li J. (2020) Polymeric micelle with pH-induced variable size and doxorubicin and siRNA co-delivery for synergistic cancer therapy. Applied Nanoscience (Switzerland) 10(6): 1903-1913. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s13204-020-01263-8.
- Ranjan VD., Zeng P., Li B. and Zhang Y. (2020) In vitro cell culture in hollow microfibers with porous structures. Biomaterials Science 8(8): 2175-2188. http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c9bm01986c.
- Wu Y., Peng Y., Bohra H., Zou J., Ranjan VD., Zhang Y., Zhang Q. and Wang M. (2019) Photoconductive Micro/Nanoscale Interfaces of a Semiconducting Polymer for Wireless Stimulation of Neuron-Like Cells. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces 11(5): 4833-4841. http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acsami.8b19631.
- Yi Z. and Zhang Y. (2019) A spike train distance-based method to evaluate the response of mechanoreceptive afferents. Neural Computing and Applications 31(10): 6319-6330. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00521-018-3465-6.
- Zhang Y., Li C., Wu Y., Zhang Y., Zhou Z. and Cao B. (2019) A microfluidic gradient mixer-flow chamber as a new tool to study biofilm development under defined solute gradients. Biotechnology and Bioengineering 116(1): 54-64. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/bit.26852.