Qualifications & Memberships
Research interest include:
-Digital Communications Systems
-Error Correction Coding and decoding
-Reduced complexity decoding algorithms
-Combined equalization and decoding
-Iterative Processing Techniques
-Space time coding and receiver design
- MIMO systems, including massive MIMO
-Cooperative and distributed communications
- mmwave communication
- Nepal N., Martin PA., Taylor DP. and Coulson AJ. (2019) On the Performance of Quickest Spectrum Sensing for EVM based Change Detection. IET Communications http://dx.doi.org/10.1049/iet-com.2018.5732.
- Martin PA., Brogt E. and Horton A. (2018) Professional engineering cohorts. Hintons vineyard: Southern Hub Projects Colloquium, 12 Nov 2018.
- Martin PA., Brogt E. and Soutter Horton A. (2018) Professional engineering cohorts. Christchurch: Ako Aotearoa Southern Hub Projects Colloquium, 12 Nov 2018.
- Narimani G., Martin PA. and Taylor DP. (2018) Spectral Analysis of Fractionally-Spaced MMSE Equalizers and Stability of the LMS Algorithm. IEEE Transactions on Communications 66(4): 1675-1688. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2017.2780086.
- Martin PA. (2017) Communicating through a thousand paper cuts: the bleeding edge of engineering. University of Canterbury: UC Professorial Lecture Series, 02 Nov 2017.