Qualifications & Memberships
Research interest include:
-Digital Communications Systems
-Error Correction Coding and decoding
-Reduced complexity decoding algorithms
-Combined equalization and decoding
-Iterative Processing Techniques
-Space time coding and receiver design
- MIMO systems, including massive MIMO
-Cooperative and distributed communications
- mmwave communication
- Narimani G., Martin PA. and Taylor DP. (2018) Spectral Analysis of Fractionally-Spaced MMSE Equalizers and Stability of the LMS Algorithm. IEEE Transactions on Communications 66(4): 1675-1688. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2017.2780086.
- Martin PA. (2017) Communicating through a thousand paper cuts: the bleeding edge of engineering. University of Canterbury: UC Professorial Lecture Series, 02 Nov 2017.
- Martin PA. (2017) Tiptoeing along the edge of stability. Auckland, New Zealand: 13th Engineering Mathematics and Applications Conference, 29 Nov-1 Dec 2017.
- Pham T., Le-Ngoc T., Woodward GK. and Martin PA. (2017) Channel Estimation and Data Detection for Insufficient Cyclic Prefix MIMO-OFDM. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 66(6): 4756-4768. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2016.2613894.
- Roy R., Martin PA. and Wood AJ. (2017) A Codebook Design for Ensuring Reliable Communication in Smart Grid Neighbourhood Area Networks. Sydney, Australia: IEEE VTC 2017 spring, 4-7 Jun 2017.