Qualifications & Memberships
Research interest include:
-Digital Communications Systems
-Error Correction Coding and decoding
-Reduced complexity decoding algorithms
-Combined equalization and decoding
-Iterative Processing Techniques
-Space time coding and receiver design
- MIMO systems, including massive MIMO
-Cooperative and distributed communications
- mmwave communication
- Dhakal S., Martin PA. and Smith P. (2019) Hybrid zero-forcing for correlated and semi-orthogonal multi-user MU-MIMO channels. IET Communications 13(20): 3575-3581. http://dx.doi.org/10.1049/iet-com.2019.0167.
- Dhakal S., Martin PA. and Smith PJ. (2019) NOMA with Guaranteed Weak User QoS: Design and Analysis. IEEE Access 7: 32884-32896. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2900067.
- Nepal N., Martin PA., Taylor DP. and Coulson AJ. (2019) On the Performance of Quickest Spectrum Sensing for EVM based Change Detection. IET Communications http://dx.doi.org/10.1049/iet-com.2018.5732.
- Dhakal S., Martin PA. and Smith PJ. (2018) On the Impact of Line-of-Sight and Spatial Correlation on NOMA Performance. Chicago, IL, USA: IEEE 88th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC-Fall), 27-30 Aug 2018. In VTC-Fall 2018 Proceedings: 5. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/VTCFall.2018.8690713.
- Martin PA., Brogt E. and Horton A. (2018) Professional engineering cohorts. Hintons vineyard: Southern Hub Projects Colloquium, 12 Nov 2018.