Research interests include silviculture, growth and yield modelling, applications of artificial intelligence, decision-support systems for forest management and New Zealand School of Forestry Software.
- Salekin S., Mason E., Morgenroth J. and Meason DF. (2020) A preliminary growth and yield model for Eucalyptus globoidea Blakely plantations in New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Forestry Science 50 http://dx.doi.org/10.33494/nzjfs502020x55x.
- Mason EG. (2019) Influences of mean top height definition and sampling method on errors of estimates in New Zealand’s forest plantations. New Zealand Journal of Forestry Science 49(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.33494/nzjfs492019x24x.
- Rachid-Casnati C., Mason EG. and Woollons RC. (2019) Using soil-based and physiographic variables to improve stand growth equations in Uruguayan forest plantations. iForest : Biogeosciences and Forestry 12: 237-245. http://dx.doi.org/10.3832/ifor2926-012.
- Salekin S., Mason EG., Morgenroth J., Bloomberg M. and Meason DF. (2019) Modelling the effect of microsite influences on the growth and survival of juvenile Eucalyptus globoidea (Blakely) and Eucalyptus bosistoana (F. Muell) in New Zealand. Forests 10(10) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/f10100857.
- Mason EG., Holmström E. and Nilsson U. (2018) Using hybrid physiological/mensurational modelling to predict site index of Pinus sylvestris L. in Sweden: a pilot study. Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research 33(2): 147-154. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02827581.2017.1348539.