Research interests include silviculture, growth and yield modelling, applications of artificial intelligence, decision-support systems for forest management and New Zealand School of Forestry Software.
- KC M., Mason EG. and Bown HE. (2020) Linking above-ground biomass production to below-ground carbon fluxes across stocking, clone, fertilization, and understory elimination in Pinus radiata D.Don plantations, New Zealand. Forest Ecology and Management 477 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foreco.2020.118469.
- Rachid-Casnati C., Mason EG., Woollons RC. and Landsberg JJ. (2020) Modelling growth of pinus taeda and eucalyptus grandis as a function of light sums modified by air temperature, vapour pressure deficit, and water balance. New Zealand Journal of Forestry Science 50: 1-18. http://dx.doi.org/10.33494/nzjfs502020x17x.
- Salekin S., Mason E., Morgenroth J. and Meason DF. (2020) A preliminary growth and yield model for Eucalyptus globoidea Blakely plantations in New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Forestry Science 50 http://dx.doi.org/10.33494/nzjfs502020x55x.
- Mason EG. (2019) Influences of mean top height definition and sampling method on errors of estimates in New Zealand’s forest plantations. New Zealand Journal of Forestry Science 49(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.33494/nzjfs492019x24x.
- Rachid-Casnati C., Mason EG. and Woollons RC. (2019) Using soil-based and physiographic variables to improve stand growth equations in Uruguayan forest plantations. iForest : Biogeosciences and Forestry 12: 237-245. http://dx.doi.org/10.3832/ifor2926-012.