Research interests include silviculture, growth and yield modelling, applications of artificial intelligence, decision-support systems for forest management and New Zealand School of Forestry Software.
- Appiah Mensah A., Holmström E., Petersson H., Nyström K., Mason EG. and Nilsson U. (2021) The millennium shift: Investigating the relationship between environment and growth trends of Norway spruce and Scots pine in northern Europe. Forest Ecology and Management 481 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foreco.2020.118727.
- Kc M., Mason EG. and Bown HE. (2021) The influence of stocking levels, clone, fertilization, and weed control on surface CO
2efflux in a mid-rotation Pinus radiata D. Don plantation in Canterbury, New Zealand. Journal of Forestry Research http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11676-021-01298-9.
- Salekin S., Bloomberg M., Morgenroth J., Meason DF. and Mason EG. (2021) Within-site drivers for soil nutrient variability in plantation forests: A case study from dry sub-humid New Zealand. Catena 200 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.catena.2021.105149.
- Salekin S., Catalán CH., Boczniewicz D., Phiri D., Morgenroth J., Meason DF. and Mason EG. (2021) Global tree taper modelling: A review of applications, methods, functions, and their parameters. Forests 12(7) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/f12070913.
- Salekin S., Mason EG., Morgenroth J., Bloomberg M. and Meason DF. (2021) Hybrid height growth and survival model for juvenile Eucalyptus globoidea (Blakely) and E. bosistoana (F. Muell) in New Zealand. Forest Ecology and Management 490 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foreco.2021.119074.