Research interests include silviculture, growth and yield modelling, applications of artificial intelligence, decision-support systems for forest management and New Zealand School of Forestry Software.
- Mason EG., Holmström E. and Nilsson U. (2018) Using hybrid physiological/mensurational modelling to predict site index of Pinus sylvestris L. in Sweden: a pilot study. Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research 33(2): 147-154. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02827581.2017.1348539.
- Salekin S., Burgess JH., Morgenroth J., Mason EG. and Meason DF. (2018) A comparative study of three non-geostatistical methods for optimising digital elevation model interpolation. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information 7(8) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/ijgi7080300.
- Evison DC. and Mason E. (2017) The role of forestry in helping New Zealand reduce carbon emissions to the atmosphere. [Submission to New Zealand Productivity Commission].
- Lin H., Murray TJ. and Mason EG. (2017) Incidence of and defoliation by a newly introduced pest, Paropsisterna variicollis (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae), on eleven durable Eucalyptus species in Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand. New Zealand Plant Protection 70: 45-51.
- Lin H., Murray TJ., Mason E. and Apiolaza L. (2017) Impact of simulated Paropsis charybdis defoliation on growth of young Eucalyptus bosistoana in a dryland field trial. Wellington: 66th Entomological Society of New Zealand Conference, 19-21 Apr 2017.