Qualifications & Memberships
Main research is the development of innovative structural timber building systems, using post-tensioned large spans in single storey and multi-storey timber buildings. Related research interests include fire resistance of timber structures, connections in timber structures, structural fire design methods and earthquake engineering.
- Buchanan AH. and Abu AK. (2017) Structural design for fire safety. (Second Edition ed.). John Wiley & Sons Ltd, The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 8SQ, United Kingdom: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. i-416.
- Fleischmann C., Buchanan A. and Abu A. (2016) Analytical Methods for Determining Fire Resistance of Concrete Members. In Hurley MJ; Gottuk DT; Hall JR; Harada K; Kuligowski ED; Puchovsky M; Torero JL; Watts JM; Wieczorek CJ (Ed.), SFPE Handbook of Fire Protection Engineering (5th ed.): 1949-1978. New York: Springer Science. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2565-0_54.
- Iqbal A., Pampanin S. and Buchanan A. (2019) A General Design Approach for Post-tensioned Timber Subassemblies. Journal of Earthquake Engineering http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13632469.2019.1659880.
- Buchanan AH., Dunn A., O'Neill J. and Pau D. (2018) Fire safety of CLT buildings in New Zealand and Australia. Wood and Fiber Science 50: 96-101. http://dx.doi.org/10.22382/wfs-2018-043.
- Iqbal A., Fragiacomo M., Pampanin S. and Buchanan A. (2018) Seismic resilience of plywood-coupled LVL wall panels. Engineering Structures 167: 750-759. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2017.09.053.