Qualifications & Memberships
Main research is the development of innovative structural timber building systems, using post-tensioned large spans in single storey and multi-storey timber buildings. Related research interests include fire resistance of timber structures, connections in timber structures, structural fire design methods and earthquake engineering.
- Pampanin S., Palermo A. and Buchanan A. (2013) Post-Tensioned Timber Buildings - Design Guide. Christchurch: Structural Timber Innovation Company (STIC). 286.
- Pampanin S., Palermo AG. and Buchanan A. (2013) Structural Timber Innovation Company Inc. (2013). "Post-Tensioned Timber Buildings - Design Guide. Christchurch: Structural Timber Innovation Company. 278.
- Fleischmann C., Buchanan A. and Abu A. (2016) Analytical Methods for Determining Fire Resistance of Concrete Members. In Hurley MJ; Gottuk DT; Hall JR; Harada K; Kuligowski ED; Puchovsky M; Torero JL; Watts JM; Wieczorek CJ (Ed.), SFPE Handbook of Fire Protection Engineering (5th ed.): 1949-1978. New York: Springer Science. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2565-0_54.
- Iqbal A., Smith T., Pampanin S., Fragiacomo M., Palermo A. and Buchanan AH. (2016) Experimental Performance and Structural Analysis of Plywood-Coupled LVL Walls. ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering: Special Issue on Seismic Resistant Timber Structures 142(2) 4015123 http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0001383.
- Iqbal A., Pampanin S., Palermo A. and Buchanan AH. (2015) Performance and design of LVL walls coupled with UFP dissipaters. Journal of Earthquake Engineering 19(3): 383-409. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13632469.2014.987406.