UC MBA Thought Leadership Series
Leading business minds from New Zealand and abroad feature in our Thought Leadership Series. Industry, students, and alumni are invited to be inspired by innovative and insightful expertise from executives and entrepreneurs.
Hear from leading business minds from New Zealand and abroad in our premiere Thought Leadership Series. Industry, students and alumni are invited to be inspired with innovative and insightful expertise from executives and entrepreneurs.
Previous speakers have included:
- Malcolm Rands, Founder of ecostore, Executive Chair of Fairground Foundation
- Barbara Chapman, Chief Executive of ASB
- Harold Hillman, Sigmoid
- Christopher Luxon, CEO of Air New Zealand
- Garry Diack, CEO of Tait Communications
- John Spence, International Business Thought Leader (watch video)
- Geoff White, CEO of Trade Aid (watch video)
- Andrew Shaw, Partner Lane Neave
- Raj Sisodia, Conscious Capitalism
- Brian Lee, CFO of Smiths City
- Anthony Leighs, Leighs Construction
- Rick Hellings, CEO of Smiths City
- Joel Bamford, Senior Economist for Commerce Commission
- Doug Hastie, CEO of Syft Techologies, founder Chanui Tea
- Rob Jamieson, CEO of Orion New Zealand Ltd
- Jim Boult, CEO of Christchurch International Airport
- Steve Hampson, CEO of PowerHouse Ventures Ltd
- Dave Clive, Assistant Commissioner (South) of New Zealand Police
- Brett Anderson, CEO of Christchurch Casino
- Dr Allan Freeth, CEO of TelstraClear
- Roger Sutton, Chief Executive of CERA
- Nicki Crauford, CEO of Institute of Directors
- Rod Quin, CEO of Westland Milk Products
Hihiko Webinar Series
The Hihiko Webinar Series presented by Te Kura Umanga | UC Business School aims to support and enable organisations, schools, and communities through presentations featuring national and international experts, notable UC alumni, and Te Kura Umanga | UC Business School’s world-class researchers. Hihiko means to be inspired, lively and invigorated.
If you are interested in featuring in our webinar series, please contact Tim Winfield, Industry Engagement Manager.
Sameer Handa, David Pine, Esther Guy-Meakin, and Sandeep Sharma discuss New Zealand's trade relationship with India and exciting market opportunities.
Dr Anna Earl, Haike Manning, Linh Nguyen and Warrick Cleine cover Viet Nam's growth and opportunities for New Zealand business in this third webinar in the Focus on Asia Series.
In this second webinar in the Focus on Asia series, Greg Au-Yeung, Clare Fearnley, Jerry Clode, and facilitator Associate Professor Laura Meriluoto cover the most significant future directions in China that New Zealand business should be monitoring now.
Mitchell Pham, Stephanie Honey, Susan Chen, and Associate Professor Christopher Vas cover how Asia's economic growth has generated a robust innovation ecosystem, particularly in the digital world, and how that will impact New Zealand businesses.
Dr Rod Carr, Chair of the Climate Change Commission, discusses the facts, fantasy and the real choices facing us in response to climate change.