Pūmanawa Tangata | People and Culture
We recognise and value people as our most precious resource in achieving each of the aspirations within the UC Strategy Tangata Tū, Tangata Ora 2020 – 2030.
The services we offer meet the organisational development and operations and business management needs of the University. Our commitment is to support managers and the academic and professional staff of the University in these areas:
- Business Support - The advisory service offers professional advice, support and information in policy, recruitment, employment conditions, promotions, salary reviews, performance management, change management, employment contracts, equity and diversity and HR practice.
- Business and Payroll Support - The Payroll team action all pay-related transactions for earnings and deductions and administrative functions such as offers of employment, eye tests, superannuation and recruitment support and administration. The wider team supports the business and operations including policies, processes and tools.
- Employment Relations - We offer employment relations support to managers, conduct collective bargaining and provide strategic advice regarding remuneration and staff benefits.
- Health & Safety - Health and Safety develops, advises and assists in the implementation of the University’s Health and Safety Policy. They support the UC community by providing advice, administering support systems, facilitating health and safety leadership and engagement, and monitoring health and safety performance.
- Learning Development - Our Learning and Development strategy ensures individual and unit learning supports the overall strategic goals and direction of the University. We welcome the opportunity to help you plan and fulfil your learning needs.
- Support - The People and Culture team provides support to the Vice-Chancellor, the Vice-Chancellor's Office and the Council of the University of Canterbury.