First introduced in 2001, the awards now include $1,500 for each winner towards teaching-related activities.
The UC Teaching Awards were refreshed in 2022 with the aim of increasing diversity of applicants and aligning with the new Te Whatu Kairangi (Ako Aotearoa) Teaching Excellence Awards. Through streamlining the application process and expanding the categories of awards available we aim to recognise contributions to learning and teaching from the wider UC community. This year we are offering:
- An optional informal Expressions of Interest stage where candidates can be matched with experienced mentors to help with applications.
- Three different categories of award
- Teaching Excellence Award,
- Outstanding Teaching and Learning Transformation Award and,
- the new Hapori Community of Practice Award.