UC Rec & Sport App
- Make sure you use your student email, or if you're not a student, the email you gave us when you joined.
- This will ensure your reccentre membership account and your app account are connected as fast as possible, enabling you to use the booking systems faster
- The magic happens every workday at 5pm, (except for weekends at the moment, we're working on that!), so if you sign up after 5pm, your account won't activate until the 5pm run the next day.
MAKE MOVEMENT YOUR MOTIVATION
With the Rec & Sport app, powered by mywellness, you can track all of the activities that you do at the gym or outdoors, measuring kilometres travelled and calories burned. Every physical activity you take part in enables you to collect MOVEs. These are units of measurement that you can compare with your friends, to see who is most active.
What can you do with our app?
More of a visual learner?
- Check out our YouTube 'how to book a class' video (5.17)
How to book (all classes)
- Open your Rec & Sport app, and select the class timetable tile.
- Select the day and timeslot you'd like.
- Select the 'book' button. You're in. You can choose to add it to your calendar so you don't' forget.
- Zone classes (Spin, Fit50) just the same, but pay for your class at reception to collect your token.
How to cancel (all classes)
- Open your app, head to the class, and select 'delete booking', up to 30mins prior to class start time
- It really helps others if you cancel as soon as you know you've changed your mind!
Are there penalties if I don't turn up without cancelling
- YES! We have limited spaces, so we need your help to make sure everyone has a fair chance of working out.
- If you fail to turn up, or you are late, you will receive one strike.
- If you reach 3 strikes, you can still come to the gym, but you will lose your spot for any classes you've booked and the privilege of booking via the app for a short time (2 weeks).
What's a waitlist?
- If the class is full, you can pop yourself on the waitlist.
- If someone cancels, you will get a notification (if you've turned these on) when a space becomes available.
- Fastest finger wins, so be quick when a spot becomes available! It's worth putting yourself on the waitlist as people may cancel their booked spot the day of the class.
What are the booking rules?
- There is no limit on the number of classes you can book a day, or how many you can make at one time.
- You can cancel up to 30mins before the class start time.
- Capacity is listed in the app for each class. These are based on equipment, space and comfort for users.
- Bookings open 5 days in advance of the class at 6am.
Want to be reminded when bookings become available for a class?
- On the class timetable, if you scroll forward to more than 5 days ahead, you'll notice a bell icon and the word "Follow". If you follow a class you'll be notified when bookings for that class open, so you can quickly book your spot.
Can I turn up for a class without booking?
- Yes, BUT you won't be guaranteed a spot.
- Our instructors can book you into the class, and then check you off, but if the class is full you may be turned away.
- We suggest checking your app and book your spot before coming down to the gym. That way, it won't be a wasted trip if the class is already full!
- Remember, we do have some no-shows, so even if the app says the class is full, it might be worth trying your luck.
- You can choose which notifications to receive, and how you'd like to receive them. You can do this in the settings menu of the app. In the settings, you'll also find the option to turn on/off calendar reminders.
- We recommend turning on push notifications for classes - you'll be reminded of your upcoming class, and when space becomes available for a waitlisted class.
How To Book a Group Fitness Class
- Over 100 fitness classes to choose from (Barre, HIIT, Yoga, Pilates, Boxing and more!) from the Technogym Master Trainers
- New classes added regularly, from 10mins - 45mins in length
- Available to RecCentre members only
- Be inspired anytime, anywhere!
- The UC Rec&Sport team will upload content, so you can take classes with people you know or will know soon!
- Livestreams will be available on selected classes
$30 per 3-months
- Access for members only
- Purchase a 3-month subscription at Reception or call (03)3692433 to purchase over the phone
- Remember - if you're new to the app, it can take up to 24hours for all of the features (like booking classes) to work, so give it some time, and if it still doesn't work, contact us
Checkout the variety of different Technogym equipment we have on offer in the UC Rec Centre. All of these machines are linked in with MyWellness so log in, track your progress and be motivated!
Skillrun shatters all expectations of what a treadmill can be. It is the first piece of running equipment designed to meet the training requirements of elite athletes and demanding fitness enthusiasts. Thanks to its unique MULTIDRIVE TECHNOLOGY™, Skillrun users can combine cardio and power training in a single solution.
SKILLMILL™ is the first product allowing everyday athletes to improve their Power, Speed, Stamina and Agility, and enjoy the benefits of professional sports training in a safe, engaging and effective way. A unique solution offering a huge variety of workout routines to train all the body’s energy systems and turn your members into peak performers.
SKILLROW™ is the first fully connected indoor rowing equipment that trains both cardio and power at athlete's level, thanks to its sport-specific design, exclusive technology and performance-oriented workouts.
Enjoy the sensation of riding a real road bike. The biomechanics and ergonomic design offer a variety of positions to help you achieve peak performance.
Excite® Climb will forever change the nature of stair climbing, making it easy for first-timers and challenging for advanced users. Enjoy the high intensity routines and immersive content on the new UNITY™ 3.0 console. Stay connected via Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®, monitor and store your full workout data and keep track of the progress on your mywellness® account.
Body Composition Scan (BCS)
The Tanita Body Composition Scanner (BCS) is one of the most powerful tools for health and a must do's in everyone's fitness journey. It gives you a snapshot of your current state and a measure of your overall health and wellness.
Add on a scan to your Exercise Consult or Small Group Training course for just $5. Just want the scan? We can do this for $20, or $10 for UC Students.
What is body composition
Body composition is the percentage of the human body's bone, fat, water, and muscle mass. Using these percentages, it gives a broad range of information about the state of your body and how to set up goals to potentially prevent and/or maintain your body balance. With the analysis of the body's composition, it gives an in-depth insight into your overall physical wellness through the break down of each segment of the body.
Why is it useful?
Some individuals may be the same weight and size but have different activity levels. Take for example an infrequent exerciser and a weekend warrior. A BMI test may show the same scores, but the weight may consist of more muscle or fat.
This shows that they have different:
- Exercise needs;
- Nutritional needs;
- Health risks; and
- Fitness goals
By knowing your body composition you can use it for motivation, accountability and/or doing more exercise whilst measuring your body fat percentage and muscle changes.
Understanding the Measurements
*Icons taken from https://tanita.eu/help-guides/understanding-measurements
Fit50 using TeamBeats
- We loan you a HR monitor, or you can wear your own ANT+ compatible device
- Your HR is displayed on screen, with colour zones to show you instantly if you could push a little harder
- Exercises, workout/rest intervals, and time remaining in the class are also shown
- Your personal results for the class will be loaded into your app automatically
TEAMBEATS™ is a Heart Rate Training platform that combines workout variety, time efficiency, music and fun in a single workout that is unlike any other trainer-led group fitness experience. Improve fitness, lose weight and maximize performance in a heartbeat. To see this in action you'll need to try our our FIT50 class
Rec & Sport Challenges
Need some goals to be set in front of you? Need extra motivation? Look no further than the UC Rec & Sport Challenges. Here we will set a task for you to accomplish and earn your way through the weeks.
We have everything you need below. Choose from the list of challenges you can engage within our UC Rec & Sport App.
Prizes that you could win!
- Discount vouchers
- Free class passes
- Concession passes
- PT sessions
- Body Scans
- Clothing (hoodies, t-shirts, etc)
- Drink Bottles
- Towel hire
- Stamps towards the group fitness challenge
- and MORE....!
Guidelines and Rules of the challenges:
- Only content (workouts, classes, or MOVEs) that are recorded for the challenges are those that are recorded through the
- Workouts includes WODs & WOWs and personal workouts that have been recorded
- For classes, it is only the ones on the GF Timetable (Live Classes) and those that the member has recorded as an activity
- MOVEs are the points that are recorded through the UC Rec & Sport app
- UC Rec & Sport have full discretion on the contents awarded and recorded (no cheating as we will know!)
- This is for fun, so don't go too crazy please
Having Problems with your App?
Do you get the following message? "Your membership does not allow you to make this booking"
- Once you've created your account, and you've activated it using the link in the sign-up email, we still need to grant permission to areas of the app on our end.
- We do this twice a day (very early morning, and late afternoon).
- If you receive this message it is because you haven't been granted access to that area of the app yet. Please check back later in the day.
You may also get this message if you're trying to use an area in the app that you don't have permission to use, such as booking into the K1 Training Facility or using the Live or OnDemand group fitness services without the appropriate membership add-on.
Having problems with the UC Rec & Sport app?
- Uninstall the [UC Rec & Sport] app
- Fully update your iOS or Android operating system
- Re-install the [UC Rec & Sport] App
- Log back in using a UC Student or Staff email
- Clearing the app's cache may also fix some issues.
Please note, that our Rec & Sport app is only supported on iOS and Android operating systems. It does not support rooted or jailbroken devices.
If you cannot resolve your issue, please read the How-To guide attached below for more help
Cannot log in to the UC Rec & Sport app?
- Head to http://www.mywellness.com and try logging in there using your email and password.
- If you cannot log in to the MyWellness website, please click on "Forgot Password" to reset your password.
- If you do not receive an email to reset your password, first check your junk or spam folders.
If you cannot resolve your issue, please read the How-To guide attached below for more help
If still having issues contact our Fitness, Facilities & Systems Team Leader
Intro to our Services
Set in the heart of campus, the UC RecCentre is more than just a gym! The Rec & Sport team offer a variety of health, fitness & sport services for the UC Staff, Students & wider community. We welcome everyone through our doors!
Rec & Sport Services
Interactive UC RecCentre Virtual Tour
Move around the UC Rec Centre by clicking the floor arrows and by clicking the images around the building
- Rotate with your mouse or tap and drag.
- Use the navigation arrows to move between areas.
- Red lines on the top left allow you to fast travel between areas
- Bottom buttons include a Mini-map, Fullscreen, Toggle Sound and Intro Pop-up.
Keep an eye out for information, picture and video links located throughout the rooms. Click on these to learn more about what's on offer.
If you see a black screen you will need to click the redlines in the top left corner and change to a new location (e.g Foyer (middle)).
Where to next?
If it's all just a little bit overwhelming, and you're not sure where to start, check out or suggestions below. Remember, from the great quotes of Pinterest and the wise words of Gary Gin - you don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great!
Choose your level of experience
"I have never stepped foot in a gym before or I have less than 1 years experience with exercise"
"I have some experience with training but need some guidance. I have about 1-3 years of training experience"
"I have been training for a while now and need a push. I have 3+ years of training experience or I am a competitive athlete"