We offer consultations to all students, from first year to doctoral study. Consultations with a learning advisor are up to 40 minutes long and can cover any questions related to writing, study, time management or oral presentations. You can bring us your draft essay, report, oral presentation, thesis proposal or thesis chapter for a general review of your writing or presentation and can offer suggestions for improvement.
Here are some of the typical questions asked by students:
- Can you tell me what I am supposed to do for this essay? I don't even know where to begin.
- Can we talk about how I'm going to pull together all the different strands in my lit review?
- My tutor told me I had too many quotations in this essay. Can you tell me what's wrong with that?
- How do I study for a lab practical exam?
- Would you check the grammar in this piece of writing?
(We will work with you to check over short passages, and explain any errors, but we do not proofread entire assignments.)
Here are some of the questions that students typically bring to consultations.