Wananga landing Wananga landing

International students under 18

14 February 2024

If you're an international student and you're under 18 years old, there are additional obligations for you and your parents/guardians.


You have additional obligations if you are an international student under 18 years of age.  These obligations end on the day you turn 18.  It is a legal requirement that your parents or legal guardian also read this information. 


Additional obligations


1. Accommodation

You must live in one of the following types of accommodation: 

If you live in any other type of accommodation, your enrolment at UC is likely to be cancelled. 

Your parents must sign an indemnity document (which will be emailed to you) noting your choice of accommodation. If your parents would like you to live with a Designated Caregiver, special arrangements must be made with the Student Care Team, including police checks and home inspections. Contact Student Care for further information.


2. Contact with parents

Before you enrol, your parent/s or legal guardian must communicate with Student Care about your enrolment and well-being. A Student Care Advisor will keep in regular contact with your parent/s or legal guardian during your time at UC to keep them updated about your welfare.


3. Regular meetings with the Student Care Team

You must continue to regularly meet with your Student Care Advisor while you are under 18 years of age. They will check that you’ve settled in OK, discuss your studies, accommodation, general health and well-being and talk about any concerns you may have.


More information

Student Care
Phone +64 3 369 3388

Privacy Preferences

By clicking "Accept All Cookies", you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyse site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts.