My research interests lie in the areas of typical speech and language development, speech and language disorders in children, and speech sound characteristics of different languages, including Te Reo Māori. I am particularly interested in determining how best to assess and treat speech sound disorders in children.
- Macrae T. (2017) Stimulus characteristics of single-word tests of children’s speech sound production. Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools 48(4): 219-233. http://dx.doi.org/10.1044/2017_LSHSS-16-0050.
- Macrae T. and Sosa AV. (2015) Predictors of token-to-token inconsistency in preschool children with typical speech-language development. Clinical Linguistics and Phonetics 29(12): 922-937. http://dx.doi.org/10.3109/02699206.2015.1063085.
- MacRae T., Stierwalt JAG. and Behel KA. (2015) A case description of speech disturbance and treatment following corrective surgery for stress velopharyngeal incompetence. Clinical Linguistics and Phonetics 29(11): 826-839. http://dx.doi.org/10.3109/02699206.2015.1055006.
- Macrae T. and Tyler AA. (2014) Speech abilities in preschool children with speech sound disorder with and without co-occurring language impairment. Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools 45(4): 302-313. http://dx.doi.org/10.1044/2014_LSHSS-13-0081.
- Macrae T., Tyler AA. and Lewis KE. (2014) Lexical and phonological variability in preschool children with speech sound disorder. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology 23(1): 27-35. http://dx.doi.org/10.1044/1058-0360(2013/12-0037).