Qualifications & Memberships
My research interests lie in the areas of typical speech and language development, speech and language disorders in children, and speech sound characteristics of different languages, including Te Reo Māori. I am particularly interested in determining how best to assess and treat speech sound disorders in children.
- Foster-Cohen S., Macrae T. and Newbury J. (2022) Variation in morpho-lexical development within and between diagnoses in children with multi-system atypical development. Frontiers in Psychology.
- Foster-Cohen S., Newbury J. and Macrae T. (2022) Word type and modality in the emerging productive vocabularies of preschool children with Down syndrome. International Journal of Language and Communication Disorders.
- Macrae T., Hoge R. and Farquharson K. (2022) Consonant Cluster Productions in Preschool Children Who Speak African American English. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research 65(4): 1370-1385. http://dx.doi.org/10.1044/2021_JSLHR-21-00288.
- McNeill B., McIlraith A., Macrae T., Gath M. and Gillon G. (2022) Predictors of Speech Severity and Inconsistency Over Time in Children With Token-to-Token Inconsistency. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research ePub Ahead of Issue: 1-15. http://dx.doi.org/10.1044/2022_JSLHR-21-00611.
- Macrae T. (2017) Stimulus characteristics of single-word tests of children’s speech sound production. Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools 48(4): 219-233. http://dx.doi.org/10.1044/2017_LSHSS-16-0050.