Qualifications & Memberships
My research interests lie in the areas of typical speech and language development, speech and language disorders in children, and speech sound characteristics of different languages, including Te Reo Māori. I am particularly interested in determining how best to assess and treat speech sound disorders in children.
- Macrae T., Hoge R. and Farquharson K. (2022) Consonant Cluster Productions in Preschool Children Who Speak African American English. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research 65(4): 1370-1385. http://dx.doi.org/10.1044/2021_JSLHR-21-00288.
- Macrae T. (2017) Stimulus characteristics of single-word tests of children’s speech sound production. Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools 48(4): 219-233. http://dx.doi.org/10.1044/2017_LSHSS-16-0050.
- Macrae T. (2016) Comprehensive Assessment of Speech Sound Production in Preschool Children. Perspectives of the ASHA Special Interest Groups 1(1): 39-56. http://dx.doi.org/10.1044/persp1.sig1.39.
- Macrae T. and Sosa AV. (2015) Predictors of token-to-token inconsistency in preschool children with typical speech-language development. Clinical Linguistics and Phonetics 29(12): 922-937. http://dx.doi.org/10.3109/02699206.2015.1063085.
- MacRae T., Stierwalt JAG. and Behel KA. (2015) A case description of speech disturbance and treatment following corrective surgery for stress velopharyngeal incompetence. Clinical Linguistics and Phonetics 29(11): 826-839. http://dx.doi.org/10.3109/02699206.2015.1055006.