Leanne’s research focuses on coastal hydrogeology, groundwater-surface water interaction, and water resource management. She has industry experience in the development of regional-scale groundwater models for resource assessment. This has informed her teaching through an understanding of methods that underpin theoretical research in hydrology as well as practical problem-solving of real-world, water resource management issues.
Leanne is a Principal Investigator in the MBIE Endeavour funded project: Subsurface processes in braided rivers – hyporheic exchange and leakage to groundwater. Additionally, she is collaborating with research teams in Australia, the Netherlands, Germany and USA on various projects. She holds a Research Fellowship with Flinders University, Australia and is an Associate Editor for Hydrogeology Journal.
Leanne coordinates the following subjects at University of Canterbury (UC) and Lincoln University (LU):
WATR401/601 Advanced Water Resources (UC and LU)
ENGE414 Applied Hydrogeology (UC)
Leanne contributes to the following subjects at UC and LU:
WATR202 Water on Land: Quality and Quantity (LU)
WATR302 Water on Land: Application and Management (LU)
WATR402/602 Determinants of Water Quality (UC and LU)
WATR403/603 Water Management, Policy and Planning (UC and LU)
- Clemens H., Pang L., Morgan L. and Weaver L. (2020) Removal of rotavirus, MS2 bacteriophage and biomolecule-modified silica nanoparticles in undisturbed silt loam over gravels dosed with onsite wastewater. Water Research 169 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2019.115272.
- Coluccio K. and Morgan L. (2019) A review of methods for measuring groundwater–surface water exchange in braided rivers. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 23: 4397-4417. http://dx.doi.org/10.5194/hess-23-4397-2019.
- Stoeckl L., Walther M. and Morgan L. (2019) Physical and Numerical Modelling of Post-Pumping Seawater Intrusion. Geofluids 2019 7191370: 11. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2019/7191370.
- Walther M., Stoeckl L. and Morgan L. (2019) Post-pumping seawater intrusion at the field scale: implications for coastal aquifer management (Under review). Advances in Water Resources.
- Knight AC., Werner AD. and Morgan LK. (2018) The onshore influence of offshore fresh groundwater. Journal of Hydrology 561: 724-736. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2018.03.028.