Dr Morgan is a groundwater researcher specialising in the field of coastal hydrogeology. Her research includes practical and theoretical work and she engages in a range of methods including analytic and numerical modelling as well as laboratory-scale analysis and field work. Dr Morgan has industry experience in the development of regional-scale groundwater models for groundwater resource assessment. This has informed her teaching by providing her with an understanding of methods that underpin theoretical research in hydrology as well as practical problem-solving of real-world, water resource management issues.
Dr Morgan is interested in supervising Masters and PhD projects that align with her research interests, including seawater intrusion vulnerability, subsea fresh groundwater, braided rivers and regional-scale groundwater management.
Dr Morgan is collaborating with research teams in Australia, the Netherlands and Germany. She also holds a Research Fellowship with Flinders University, Adelaide Australia.
Dr Morgan coordinates and lectures the following subjects at University of Canterbury (UC) and Lincoln University (LU):
WATR401/601 Advanced Water Resources (UC and LU)
ENGE414 Applied Hydrogeology (UC)
Dr Morgan lectures in the following subjects at UC and LU:
ENCN499 Hydraulics and Quality of Groundwater (UC)
WATR402/602 Determinants of Water Quality (UC and LU)
WATR403/603 Water Management, Policy and Planning (UC and LU)
WATR202 Water on Land: Quality and Quantity (LU)
WATR302 Water on Land: Application and Management (LU)
- Clemens H., Pang L., Morgan L. and Weaver L. (2019) Removal of rotavirus, MS2 bacteriophage and biomolecule-modified silica nanoparticles in undisturbed silt loam over gravels dosed with onsite wastewater. Water Resources.
- Humphries B., Weaver L., Burbery L., Webber J., Morgan L. and Gregor J. (2019) Examining the use of coral sand for the treatment of domestic effluent in Kiribati. Journal of Applied Microbiology.
- Stoeckl L., Walther M. and Morgan L. (2019) Physical and Numerical Modelling of Post-Pumping Seawater Intrusion. Geofluids http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2019/7191370.
- Knight AC., Werner AD. and Morgan LK. (2018) The onshore influence of offshore fresh groundwater. Journal of Hydrology 561: 724-736. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2018.03.028.
- Morgan LK., Werner AD. and Patterson A. (2018) A conceptual study of offshore fresh groundwater behaviour in the Perth Basin (Australia): Modern salinity trends in a prehistoric context. Journal of Hydrology: Regional Studies 19: 318-334. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejrh.2018.10.002.