Current research studies include: 1. Psychotherapeutic factors related to outcome in depression; 2. Psychotherapy for depression: A comparison of two cognitive therapies; 3. Interpersonal social rhythms therapy for bipolar disorder; 4. Enhancing psychotherapy for bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder.
Contribution of rumination to depression etiology and maintenance.
Metacognitive therapy for depression
- Bell CJ., Frampton CM., Colhoun HC., Douglas KM., McIntosh VVW., Carter FA., Jordan J., Carter JD., Smith RA. and Marie LMA. (2019) Earthquake brain: Impairment of spatial memory following long-term earthquake-related stress. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry 53(1): 37-47. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0004867418789498.
- Jones H., Dorahy MJ., Britt E., Rowlands A., Renouf C., Carter JD. and Hanna D. (2019) Predictors of Posttraumatic Stress Symptom Trajectories Following the Fatal 2011 Christchurch, New Zealand Earthquake. Journal of Traumatic Stress 32(2): 206-214. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jts.22387.
- Kannis-Dymand L., Carter JD., Lane BR. and Innes P. (2019) The relationship of peritraumatic distress and dissociation with beliefs about memory following natural disasters. Australian Psychologist 54(4): 311-321. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/ap.12377.
- Mulgrew KE., Kannis-Dymand L., Hughes E., Carter JD. and Kaye S. (2019) Psychological factors associated with the use of weight management behaviours in young adults. Journal of Health Psychology 24(3): 337-350. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1359105316675210.
- Carter JD., McIntosh VVW., Jordan J., Porter RJ., Douglas K., Frampton CM. and Joyce PR. (2018) Patient predictors of response to cognitive behaviour therapy and schema therapy for depression. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry 52(9): 887-897. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0004867417750756.