Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include cochlear electrophysiology, the electrophysiological measurement of hearing (including intraoperative monitoring), and the development of new and improved tests of hearing, speech discrimination, and auditory processing.
- O'Beirne G., Kelly-Campbell RJ. and Welch D. (2020) Simulation in Audiology training: Making the most of it. New Zealand Audiological Society Bulletin 30(1): 24-29.
- Babbage MJ., O'Beirne GA., Bergin MJ. and Bird PA. (2017) Patterns of Extended High-frequency Hearing Loss Following Stapes Surgery. Otology & Neurotology 38(10): 1405-1410. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/MAO.0000000000001577.
- Babbage MJ., O'Beirne GA., Bergin MJ. and Bird PA. (2017) Patterns of extended high-frequency hearing loss following stapes surgery. Otology and Neurotology 38(10): 1405-1410. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/MAO.0000000000001577.
- Cook AM., Allsop AJ. and O'Beirne GA. (2017) Putative Auditory-Evoked Neurophonic Measurements Using a Novel Signal Processing Technique: A Pilot Case Study. Frontiers in Neuroscience 11 472: 9. http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fnins.2017.00472.
- McAuliffe MJ., Fletcher AR., Kerr SE., O'Beirne GA. and Anderson T. (2017) Effect of Dysarthria Type, Speaking Condition, and Listener Age on Speech Intelligibility. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology 26(1): 113-123. http://dx.doi.org/10.1044/2016_AJSLP-15-0182.