Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include cochlear electrophysiology, the electrophysiological measurement of hearing (including intraoperative monitoring), and the development of new and improved tests of hearing, speech discrimination, and auditory processing.
- Lee A., O'Beirne G. and Robb M. (2021) An Exploration of Lexical Selection in Adults who Stutter. Advances in Communication and Swallowing 24(1): 33-44. http://dx.doi.org/10.3233/ACS-210023.
- O'Beirne G. (2021) “Rapid, accessible, and equitable” trends in speech perception testing. online: Introduction to Speech Audiometry Tests in Malaysia workshop, Audiology Technical Committee (JKTA) Ministry of Health, Malaysia, 14 Jun 2021.
- O'Beirne G. (2020) Advances in auditory electrophysiology: the benefits of chained and rapidly-interleaved stimuli. Indian Speech and Hearing Association Special Interest Group (Audiology), 25 Jul 2020.
- O'Beirne G., Kelly-Campbell RJ. and Welch D. (2020) Simulation in Audiology training: Making the most of it. New Zealand Audiological Society Bulletin 30(1): 24-29.
- O'Beirne GA. (2020) Speech, Noise, and the Matrix: Tests of Hearing and Auditory Processing at UC.. Audiology Australia/New Zealand Audiological Society Trans-Tasman Online Conference 2020, 01 Jun 2020.