Martin’s current research interests lie in the areas of colonial and modern histories of Crown-Maori interactions, the Treaty of Waitangi claims process, and indigenous sovereignty in a global context.
- Fisher M. (2018) Battling it out in court: the litigation phase in the Ngāi Tahu Treaty settlement negotiation. Te Karaka (78).
- Fisher M. (2018) Defenders of the environment: the Ngāi Tahu Treaty Settlement negotiations and third-party interests. Te Karaka : 36-37.
- Fisher M. (2018) Now a significant time in history of Treaty settlements. New Zealand Herald.
- Fisher M. (2018) Quantification of loss and the Ngai Tahu negotiations. Te Karaka (76): 38-39.
- Fisher M. (2018) Tears of Rangi: Experiments Across Worlds. NEW ZEALAND JOURNAL OF HISTORY 52(1): 123-125.