MYOB IT Challenge
The MYOB IT Challenge offers students a chance to win the Canterbury title and compete with students from across New Zealand in the National MYOB IT Challenge.
The MYOB IT Challenge consists of regional competitions, with $1,000 in cash up for grabs! Regional winners then compete for a share of the $5,000 prize pool in the national competition held in Auckland. Winners of the regional competitions are provided with return transportation and accommodation during their stay in Auckland.
What is the MYOB IT Challenge?
The MYOB IT Challenge is a one-week long business and technical challenge where you will come up with a real-world solution for MYOB. An opportunity to develop your technical skills, business knowledge, and network with industry professionals, with the chance to win cash and represent UC at the National Final in Auckland!
Teams of 2 - 4 students will have one week to come up with a proposal and conceptual design in response to the Challenge Brief, and then will present this to a panel of judges. The winning team will be sent to the National Final where they will build a working prototype where there is $5000 prize pool up for grabs as well as opportunities for internships!
Teams will produce a 5-page proposal and give a 10-minute pitch, followed by 10 minutes of Q&A, to a panel of judges. The winning UC team will compete at the national finals in Auckland, expenses paid.
Applications for the MYOB IT Challenge 2019 close Midnight, Friday 2nd August. Apply now!
- Launch Event: 3.30-4.30 pm, Friday 2nd August
- Case Released: 10.00 am, Saturday 3rd August
- Submission Due: Midnight, Sunday 11th August
- Final Presentations: 2.00 pm Monday 12th August
- Register as a team or as individuals
- Teams of 2-4 people (we strongly recommend teams of 4 with at least some coding experience - we can help find teammates for you)
- Prepare a 5-page proposal and 10-minute presentation
- Regional prize pool of $1,000
- National prize pool of $5,000
How to Register