How to apply
Entry into our MBA and PGDiPBA programmes is based on work experience as well as results of previous study (if applicable). These programmes have a special application process.
- Head over to the student portal, myUC, and create an account. Follow the instructions to submit an application and upload documents such as your academic transcripts and CV (resume).
- After you’ve submitted your application, we’ll contact you to request the rest of your application materials, including your self-interview video. We’ll send you instructions on how to prepare these.
Once you’ve sent all your application materials, your application will be reviewed by the MBA Director and the Associate Dean (Academic), before we send you a decision.
Applicants to our MBA programme must have qualified for a degree in any discipline with a minimum B grade average or equivalent. If your qualifications were gained outside New Zealand, the Programme Committee will assess them for equivalency.
Applicants who do not meet this requirement can apply for admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDipBA) and will be considered for entry on the basis of work experience.
For the Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDipBA), you must have at least five years' work experience at an appropriate level.
Your application will be assessed by the Programme Committee, who will consider a combination of the following:
- Whether the decision to undertake the qualification has been well reasoned and that you are clear on how it will contribute to your career
- Whether you are able to contribute to the programme in class, in groups and to the general ethos of the programme
- Your supporting references
- Your past and current employment experience
- Your future vision and goals, including your direction and motivation