WU – International Summer University
Vienna University of Economics and Business, Vienna, Austria
Benefit from a unique intercultural experience by spending three weeks at WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business) in Vienna, Austria. You will be able to enjoy a combination of coursework, company visits, expert talks and social events.
- Dates: 3-21 July 2023
- Credit: 15 points of unspecified 200-level Commerce credit if you successfully complete any two of the following courses:
- Cost: Standard UC tuition fee for a 15-point undergraduate Business course plus an €885 WU participation fee (and travel, accommodation, and living costs). The WU participation fee covers coffee and lunch (Monday through Friday on lecture days) and a public transport ticket for Vienna for the duration of the programme.
- Financial support: $1,500 Global Experience Award is available to support the cost of participation (limited number available, conditions apply). Māori and Pacific students may also be able to receive a Global Experience Award - Māori and Pacific students.
- Eligibility: 120 points completed towards the BCom at UC (with a GPA of at least 4.0/B- average). Your application may be approved if you will meet the points requirement at the end of 2023 S1 assuming you pass all of your 2023 S1 courses, and you currently meet the GPA requirement (this will be looked at, and decided, on a case-by-case basis).
- Selection criteria: In addition to meeting the eligibility criteria above, students must provide a personal statement when applying for the programme, which will be taken into account in determining who is selected to participate in it. There may also be a limit placed on the number of students who can participate. If there are more applications than places available, the basis of selection will be demonstrated academic achievement in the form of an applicant’s GPA and the quality of the personal statement. Equal consideration will be given to both criteria. Students must also be accepted by the partner institution.
About WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business)
- Founded in 1898
- Amongst the 1% of business schools worldwide holding all three of the leading international business school accreditations – EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- Ranked 1st in Austria and 36th overall in Business and Management Studies in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022
- Capital of Austria with a population of close to two million people
- Ranked the most liveable city in the world according to the Global Liveability Index 2022, the third time it has received the top spot in the last five years.
Discover more about the WU – International Summer University
UC Business School CQ Certificate
This is an approved experience under the UC Business School CQ Certificate. Students who complete the experience, as well as meet all other requirements, will receive a UC Business School CQ Certificate.
Cultural Intelligence (CQ) is a person's capability to function effectively in culturally diverse situations.
Interested in joining the WU - International Summer University?
Application deadline: Sunday 12 March 2023