Research interests include retailing, consumption behaviour (particularly the negative aspects of consumption), and social and ethical issues in marketing.
- White S., Ballantine P. and Ozanne L. (2022) Consumer Adoption of Plant-Based Meat Substitutes: A Network of Social Practices. Appetite.
- Zahrai K., Veer E., Ballantine PW. and Peter de Vries H. (2022) Conceptualizing Self-control on Problematic Social Media Use. Australasian Marketing Journal 30(1): 74-89. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1839334921998866.
- Zahrai K., Veer E., Ballantine PW., de Vries HP. and Prayag G. (2022) Either you control social media or social media controls you: Understanding the impact of self-control on excessive social media use from the dual-system perspective. Journal of Consumer Affairs http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/joca.12449.
- Kemper JA. and Ballantine PW. (2020) Targeting the structural environment at multiple social levels for systemic change: The case of climate change and meat consumption. Journal of Social Marketing 10(1): 38-53. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/JSOCM-02-2019-0024.
- Kemper JA., Ballantine PW. and Hall CM. (2020) Sustainability worldviews of marketing academics: A segmentation analysis and implications for professional development. Journal of Cleaner Production 271 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.122568.