The overarching focus of my research is consumption experiences in the services industry with a particular focus on the airline, tourism and hospitality industries. My past and current research themes include: consumption emotions, place/brand attachment, anthropomorphism, service design, destination marketing and tourism/event impacts
- Alrawadieh Z., Prayag G. and Alrawadieh Z. (2023) A cognitive appraisal perspective of emotional accessibility at heritage sites: empirical evidence from the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Petra. Journal of Heritage Tourism 18(2): 145-163. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1743873X.2023.2169152.
- Mulcahy R., Pourfakhimi S., Prayag G., Falatoonitoosi E. and Scott N. (2023) Seeking thrills during a crisis? A TSR and hierarchy of effects perspective of the transformative potential of travel. Journal of Services Marketing 37(4): 510-530. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/JSM-02-2022-0047.
- Papadopoulou NM., Ribeiro MA. and Prayag G. (2023) Psychological Determinants of Tourist Satisfaction and Destination Loyalty: The Influence of Perceived Overcrowding and Overtourism. Journal of Travel Research 62(3): 644-662. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/00472875221089049.
- Prayag G. (2023) Tourism resilience in the ‘new normal’: Beyond jingle and jangle fallacies? Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management 54: 513-520. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhtm.2023.02.006.
- Prayag G., Lewis C. and Pour S. (2023) Travel in my life: queer identity, travel motivation, resilience, life-satisfaction and wellbeing. Current Issues in Tourism : 1-18. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13683500.2023.2189092.