The overarching focus of my research is consumption experiences in the services industry with a particular focus on the airline, tourism and hospitality industries. My past and current research themes include: consumption emotions, place/brand attachment, anthropomorphism, service design, destination marketing and tourism/event impacts
- Fieger P., Prayag G., Hall CM., Rice J. and Gössling S. (2021) When staying long enough is enough? Annals of Tourism Research 87 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.annals.2020.102974.
- Hall CM., Fieger P., Prayag G. and Dyason D. (2021) Panic buying and consumption displacement during COVID-19: Evidence from New Zealand. Economies 9(2) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/economies9020046.
- Hall MC., Prayag G., Fieger P. and Dyason D. (2021) Beyond panic buying: consumption displacement and COVID-19. Journal of Service Management 32(1): 113-128. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/JOSM-05-2020-0151.
- Jordan EJ. and Prayag G. (2021) Residents’ Cognitive Appraisals, Emotions, and Coping Strategies at Local Dark Tourism Sites. Journal of Travel Research http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/00472875211004761.
- Pourfakhimi S., Nadim Z., Prayag G. and Mulcahy R. (2021) The influence of neophobia and enduring food involvement on travelers' perceptions of wellbeing—Evidence from international visitors to Iran. International Journal of Tourism Research 23(2): 178-191. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jtr.2391.