Russian Programme Co-ordinator
Karl Popper 605
Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include cultural history, nineteenth-and-twentieth century Russian and European literature and history of ideas. I have also published extensively on socio-political aspects of contemporary Russian culture, with special reference to the discourse of the ethnic Other. I am interested in the representation of Jewish alterity in cultural discourse. I have also published on the discourse of species and the representation of human-animal relations from the 19th century till present. My latest research relates to embodied differences and materiality.
- Mondry H. (2023) Avtorskaia strategiia V.G. Korolenko. New Zealand Slavonic Journal 54-55: 47-62.
- Mondry H. (2023) Legitimate and Illegitimate children: Rozanov's 'Indecent Proposal' to Tolstoi. In Reid R; Andrew J (Ed.), Tolstoi: Art and Influence: 132-147. Leiden and Boston: Brill.
- Mondry H. (2023) The Politics of Nostalgia: Ivan Goncharov's "Oblomov" and Nikita Mikhalkov's Film Adaptation. In Smith A; Sobolev O (Ed.), Film Adaptations of Russian Classics: Dialogism and Authorship: 31-51. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press.
- Mondry H. (2022) Materiality of Smell and the Cultural Construct of Memory. University of Oxford: Slavonic Research Seminar, Modern Languages, Oxford.
- Mondry H. (2022) "Physical and metaphysical visualities: Vasily Rozanov and historical artefacts". Arts 11(70): 1-11. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/arts11040070.