Qualifications & Awards
Research interests include cognitive & semiotic aspects of political and mass media discourses, image studies & national identity studies in the EU context.
- Chaban N. and Chaban A. (2018) Communicating Europe beyond its borders: Imagining the EU in Ukraine post-Maidan. European Foreign Affairs Review 23
- Chaban N. and Elgström O. (2018) On a Journey with Uncertain Destination. Metaphors and Images of the European Union in Russian and Ukrainian Media after Brexit Vote. European Foreign Affairs Review 23
- Chaban N., Bacon P., Burton, J. and Vernygora, V. (2018) NATO Global Perceptions – Views from the Asia-Pacific Region. Asian Security 14(1): 1-7. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14799855.2017.1361726.
- Chaban N., Beltyukova S. and Fox C. (2018) Communicating NATO in the Asia-Pacific Press: Comparative Analysis of Patterns of NATO’s Visibility, Capability, Evaluation, and Local Resonance. Asian Security 14(1): 66-81. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14799855.2017.1361734.
- Chaban N., Knodt M. and Headley J. (2018) The EU and its Eastern Neighbours: Perceptions and Strategic Dialogue in the Region. European Foreign Affairs Review 23