Professor Natalia Chaban focuses her interdisciplinary research on cognitive and semiotic aspects of political and media discourses, image and perceptions studies within the EU and IR contexts, and public diplomacy and political communication. Natalia widely publishes including articles in high impact journals such as the Journal of Common Market Studies, Cooperation and Conflict, Journal of European Integration, Foreign Policy Analysis, Mobilities, Comparative European Politics.
Professor Chaban is a twice awarded Jean Monnet Chair, President of Ukrainian Studies Association of Australia and New Zealand, co-editor of the peer-reviewed "Australian and New Zealand Journal of European Studies" and leader of a number of transnational research projects supported by the European Commission and NATO.
Senior Research Fellow, Institute of Advanced Studies (ISA), University of Bologna, Italy
Member of Advisory Boards of peer-reviewed journals "European Foreign Affairs Review" and "Media, War, Conflict"
Visiting Professor, Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania
Adjunct Professor, Cherkasy National University, Ukraine
Vice-Leader, Work Group 2 “Perceptions and Communication”, COST Action ENTER "EU Foreign Policy Facing New Directions", European Commission
Member of International Advisory Board of the project Swedish Feminist Foreign Policy (FFP), supported by Riksbankens Jubileums Fond, Lund University, Sweden
- Chaban N. and Headley J. (2022) Special Section (Part 2): Perceptions, Narratives and Attitudes: New Perspectives and Geographies in the Study of External Perceptions of the EU Introducing New Perspectives and Geographies in the Study of External Perceptions of the EU. European Foreign Affairs Review 27(1): 57-60. http://dx.doi.org/10.54648/EERR2022004.
- Blockmans S., Wessel RA., Chaban N., Lang IG., Durán GM., Orbie J. and Pomorska K. (2021) A Note from the Editors EFAR@25: Between Change and Continuity. European Foreign Affairs Review 26(1): 1-4. http://dx.doi.org/10.54648/EERR2021001.
- Chaban N. and Elgström O. (2021) Politicization of EU development policy: The role of EU external perceptions (case of Ukraine). Journal of Common Market Studies 15(4): 488-516.
- Chaban N. and Headley J. (2021) Perceptions of the EU in Its Eastern Neighbourhood: 30 Years on from the Collapse of the Soviet Union. European Foreign Affairs Review 26(4): 553-558.
- Chaban N. and Headley J. (2021) Special Section: Perceptions of the EU in Its Eastern Neighbourhood (Part 1) Perceptions of the EU in Its Eastern Neighbourhood: 30 Years on from the Collapse of the Soviet Union. European Foreign Affairs Review 26(4): 553-557. http://dx.doi.org/10.54648/EERR2021042.