I focus my interdisciplinary research on cognitive and semiotic aspects of political and media discourses, political communication and image studies within international relations contexts, including EU external perceptions, a novel area in EU foreign policy studies.
- Chaban N., Elgström O. and Knodt M. (2019) Perceptions of EU mediation and mediation effectiveness: Comparing perspectives from Ukraine and the EU'. Cooperation and Conflict http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0010836718823813.
- Chaban N., Knodt M. and Liekis S. (2019) Narrators’ Perspectives: Communicating the EU in Ukraine, Israel and Palestine in Times of Conflict. European Security forthcoming, accepted for publication.
- Chaban N., Miskimmon A. and O'Loughlin B. (2019) Understanding EU crisis diplomacy in the European Neighbourhood: Strategic Narratives and Perceptions of the EU in Ukraine, Israel and Palestine. European Security forthcoming, accepted for publication.
- Chaban N. and Chaban A. (2018) Communicating Europe beyond its borders: Imagining the EU in Ukraine post-Maidan. European Foreign Affairs Review 23(1/1): 119-138.
- Chaban N. and Elgström O. (2018) Constructing bridges and fostering growth: Interdisciplinary insights into European Union role conceptions and prescriptions. Cognition, Communication, Discourse 17: 24-36. http://dx.doi.org/10.26565/2218-2926-2018-17-02.