Research interests include cognitive & semiotic aspects of political and mass media discourses, image studies & national identity studies in the EU context.
- Chaban N., Elgström O. and Knodt M. (2019) Perceptions of EU mediation and mediation effectiveness: Comparing perspectives from Ukraine and the EU'. Cooperation and Conflict.
- Chaban N. and Chaban A. (2018) Communicating Europe beyond its borders: Imagining the EU in Ukraine post-Maidan. European Foreign Affairs Review 23.
- Chaban N. and Elgström O. (2018) Constructing bridges and fostering growth: Interdisciplinary insights into European Union role conceptions and prescriptions. Cognition, Communication, Discourse.
- Chaban N. and Elgström O. (2018) On a Journey with Uncertain Destination. Metaphors and Images of the European Union in Russian and Ukrainian Media after Brexit Vote. European Foreign Affairs Review 23.
- Chaban N. and O'Loughlin B. (2018) The EU’s Crisis Diplomacy in Ukraine: The Matrix of Possibilities, Journal of International Affairs. Journal of International Affairs 71(1.5).