I focus my interdisciplinary research on cognitive and semiotic aspects of political and media discourses, political communication and image studies within international relations contexts, including EU external perceptions, a novel area in EU foreign policy studies.
- Chaban N. (2019) Perceptions, expectations, motivations: Evolution of Canadian views on the EU. Australian and New Zealand Journal of European Studies 11(3) forthcoming.
- Chaban N., Elgström O. and Knodt M. (2019) Perceptions of EU mediation and mediation effectiveness: Comparing perspectives from Ukraine and the EU'. Cooperation and Conflict http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0010836718823813.
- Chaban N., Knodt M., Liekis S. and Iverson N. (2019) Narrators’ perspectives: communicating the EU in Ukraine, Israel and Palestine in times of conflict. European Security 28(3) http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09662839.2019.1648256.
- Chaban N., Miskimmon A. and O'Loughlin B. (2019) Understanding EU crisis diplomacy in the European Neighbourhood: Strategic Narratives and Perceptions of the EU in Ukraine, Israel and Palestine. European Security 28(3) http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09662839.2019.1648251.
- Coupe T. and Chaban N. (2019) Creating Europe through culture? The impact of the European Song Contest on European identity. Empirica.