Qualifications & Memberships
Dr Ogino's research interests include second language development and the application of research insights to second language learning and teaching. He has strong interests in collaboration, connectivity and articulation between the secondary and tertiary levels for the development of Japanese language education.
- Ogino M. (2021) Japanese language education aiming to nurture Japanese language 'users' (Panelist for a roundtable discussion). The 4th Globally connected online Japanese language education, 15 May 2021.
- Ogino M. (2021) Jissen Rei 4. In The Japan Forum (Ed.), Taiwa o Tsukuru Intabyuu Tokimeki Shuzaiki: Project Report: 45-49. Japan: Shinano Publishing Press.
- Ogino M. (2021) Tokimieki shuzaiki project no tokucho to torikumukoto no igi [Features of Tokimeki Project and its significance]. In The Japan Forum (Ed.), Taiwa o Tsukuru Intabyuu Tokimeki Shuzaiki: Project Report: 14-15. Japan: Shinano Publishing Press.
- Terada Y., Kamiyoshi U., Ogino M. and Ogawa Y. (2020) Grobaruka suru Nihongo gakushu kankyo ni kansuru kenkyu (Research on the globalising Japanese language learning environment). The Japanese Language and Literature Association of Korea, 19 Dec 2020.
- Minagawa H., Nesbitt D., Ogino M., Kawai J. and de Burgh-Hirabe R. (2019) Why I Am Studying Japanese: A National Survey Revealing the Voices of New Zealand Tertiary Students. Japanese Studies http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10371397.2019.1678365.