Qualifications & Memberships
Dr Ogino's research interests include second language development and the application of research insights to second language learning and teaching. He has strong interests in collaboration, connectivity and articulation between the secondary and tertiary levels for the development of Japanese language education.
- Minagawa H., Nesbitt D., Ogino M., Kawai J. and de Burgh-Hirabe R. (2019) Why I Am Studying Japanese: A National Survey Revealing the Voices of New Zealand Tertiary Students. Japanese Studies http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10371397.2019.1678365.
- Kamiyoshi U., Terada R., Ogino M. and Ogawa Y. (2018) Multinational online interactions through world café: Report on the teaching practice participated by universities in New Zealand, Korea, Japan and Thailand. Konkuk University, Seoul, Korea: The 13th International Conference for the Korea Association of Japanese Education and the Association for Language and Cultural Education, 8 Dec 2018.
- Ogino M. (2018) Nihongo de ekkyoshi, sekai to tsunagaru manabi no shikake. [Strategies for crossing boundaries and connecting with the world]. Zoom School: Soshiki no kyookai o koeta kyoiku appudeeto 2018 [2018 Updates in Education, crossing borders of organisations] Akatsuki with Tsutsui Lab, 25 Jun 2018.
- Ogino M. (2018) Review of "Foreign Language Learning Communities of Practice: Mechanisms for participatory learning" [Gaikokugo Gakushuu no Jissen Komyuniti: Sanka suru manabi o tsukuru shikake] by C. Thomson Kinoshita (Ed.). Journal of Oceanian Education Studies 24: 71-78. [Book Review].
- Ueda A., Chiba M., Ogino M., Yabe M. and Miyo J.. (2018) Fukusuu kikan ni okeru Interview Project no jissen: “Tokimeki Shuzaiki” no kokoromi (Potential of interview projects by multiple tertiary institutions: Tokimeki Reportage). In : 188-197.