Qualifications & Memberships
Dr Ogino's research interests include second language development and the application of research insights to second language learning and teaching. He has strong interests in collaboration, connectivity and articulation between the secondary and tertiary levels for the development of Japanese language education.
- Ogino M. (2022) Kōkō to kōkō, kōkō to daigaku o tsunagu dance video project (A collaborative dance video project connecting Japanese language learners from secondary and tertiary institutions). Online: Art-Based Research in Japanese Studies Symposium, 29 Sep 2022.
- Ogino M. (2022) Well-being and dialogues. Online: Advanced Japanese Language Network Seminar, 08 Sep 2022.
- Ogino M. (2022) Embedding well-being into the Japanese language education: Nurturing learners’ well-being through a dialogue with Well-being Dialogue Cards. Dunedin: New Zealand Association of Language Teachers, 9-12 Jul 2022.
- Ogino M. (2022) ICT o katsuyoshita nihongo kyoiku no jissen [Japanese language teaching utilizing ICT]. Hiroshima University Morito Institute of Global Higher Education: 20 Nov 2022.
- Ogino M., Kawai J., Yamauchi T. and Mori M. (2022) Tertiary Education during the COVID-19 Pandemic in Oceania: Japanese Language Education in New Zealand. Journal of Oceanian Education Studies 28.