Qualifications & Memberships
Dr. Yapp's research focuses on music and musical life in eighteenth-century France, particularly on the cello and its repertoire and on public concert life. In addition, he has a strong research interest in music in pre-WWII New Zealand.
- Yapp FA. (2017) An Italian in Paris: The significance of the Bononcini sonatas for the early history of the cello in France. Victoria University of Wellington: 11th Biennial Conference of the Australian & New Zealand Association for Medieval and Early Modern Studies, 7-10 February 2017, 7-10 Feb 2017.
- Yapp FA. (2017) Musical and Poetic Meter in French Baroque Recitative. Sydney Conservatorium of Music: Meter Symposium 2, 24-25 Feb 2017.
- Yapp FA. (2017) Teaching the past into the future: Digital humanities tools in the music history classroom. University of Waikato Conservatorium of Music: Contemporary and Future Paths in Music Performance, Composition and Analysis: Annual Meeting of the New Zealand Musicological Society, 19-20 Nov 2016.
- Yapp FA. and Szczepanski J. (2017) Arthur Lilly's Life: An Early New Zealand Oratorio. University of Auckland: "Performing History": Combined Conference of the Musicological Society of Australia and New Zealand Musicological Society, 8-10 Dec 2017.
- Yapp FA. (2016) Bononcini and the early French cello school. Adelaide, Australia: 39th National Conference of the Musicological Society of Australia, 30 Nov-3 Dec 2016.