My current research focuses on the intersection of art history and material culture, with a particular emphasis on aspects of contemporary art practice. This research has three developing but related threads: art & material culture in post-quake Christchurch; history and theory of the artist's book; and contemporary photography.
- Garrie BAC. (2018) An Introduction to the work of Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera. South Library, Christchurch: 'Diego and Frida: A Smile in the Middle of the Day', Exhibition opening event, 26 Oct 2018.
- Garrie BAC. (2018) Art History and The Copy: 'China's Van Goghs' pre-screening talk. Christchurch: Canterbury Film Society, 17 Sep 2018.
- Garrie BAC. (2018) Artefacts of the Future: A Conversation with Jen Bowmast. The National, Christchurch: 11 Apr 2018.
- Garrie BAC. (2018) In conversation with Helen Calder: Supports and Surfaces. Nadene Milne Gallery, Christchurch: Friends of Christchurch Art Gallery special event, 14 Jul 2018.
- Garrie BAC. (2018) In conversation with Pauline Rhodes. Centre of Contemporary Art, Christchurch: Time Ongoing, 08 Dec 2018.