My current research focuses on the intersection of art history and material culture, with a particular emphasis on aspects of contemporary art practice. This research has three developing but related threads: art & material culture in post-quake Christchurch; history and theory of the artist's book; and contemporary photography.
- Garrie B. (2022) Jonathan Kay's Glacial Cyanotypes. Jonathan Kay: Cryosphere Ashburton: Ashburton Art Gallery.
- Garrie B. (2021) Present History: Artist-led Publishing in Post-quake Otautahi Christchurch. Curator: Ilam Campus Gallery, University of Canterbury, Christchurch. 22 Feb-3 Mar 2021. [Exhibition].
- Garrie B. and Cull C. (2021) Braiding an Art History of Place, Identity, and Belonging. Te Ara Atea, Rolleston: Te Ara Atea Opening Event, 02 Dec 2021.
- Garrie B. and Wallbanks E. (2021) Morophia: A Conversation with the Artist. Ilam Campus Gallery, University of Canterbury, Christchurch: 22 Jul 2021.
- Garrie B., Bowmast J. and Maxey S. (2021) Crafting the Artist's Book: A Panel Discussion. Christchurch Art Gallery, Christchurch: 01 Dec 2021.