I am keen to work with students and colleagues on topics related to the French language, as well as French, Francophone, and Comparative Literature.
Qualifications & Memberships
The research I engage in is in Comparative Literature, Cultural Studies and European languages, primarily in French, English, Italian, and Spanish, and spanning the nineteenth to the twenty-first century: from Tristan Corbière and Baudelaire, to Joyce, Proust, and Pavese, to name a few. I am particularly intrigued by the interdisciplinary entanglements at play within works of poetry and prose, namely that of intermediality and the relationship between musical form and text, such as the appropriation of fugue in literature.
Recurring topics and disciplines in my research include modernist subjectivity, hospitality and alterity; icons and iconoclasm; as well as Francophone literature and art, including indigenous art and pedagogies (in Canada and the Pacific) as well as Translation Studies.
- Loda A. and Viselli A. (2021) Translingualism and poetry. The Routledge Handbook of Literary Translingualism: 18-30. http://dx.doi.org/10.4324/9780429298745-2.
- Viselli A. and Loda A. (2021) Translingualism and Poetry. In Kellman S; Lvovich N (Ed.), The Routledge Handbook of Literary Translingualism London: Routledge. http://dx.doi.org/10.4324/9780429298745.
- Viselli A. (2015) La mélopoétique de la fugue. In Paul C; Werth E (Ed.), Comparatisme et intermédialité/Comparatism and intermediality: 175-193. Würzburg: Königshausen & Neumann.
- Viselli A. (2013) Rompre la répétition: une esthétique amnésique dans le cinéma de Nanni Moretti. In Arentsen MF; Meadwell K (Ed.), Les voix de la mémoire et de l’altérité: 65-85. Winnipeg: Presses universitaires de Saint-Boniface.
- Viselli A. (2013) Une métempsycose poétique : musique et subjectivité chez Tristan Corbière. In Blanc A-L; Chamayou A; Solomon N; Courrent M (Ed.), La Profusion et l’unité: Pour Françoise Haffner: 13-27. Perpignan: Presses Universitaires de Perpignan.