Te Waka Pākākano
The role of Te Waka Pākākano | Office of Māori, Pacific & Equity
The role of Te Waka Pākākano is to help the university to support a learning environment which recognises and promotes Aotearoa New Zealand’s unique bicultural society.
Ko tā Te Waka Pākākano mahi ko te ārahi i Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha whānui, otirā me matua tautoko i te taiao ako hai whakatairanga, hai whakamana hoki te hāpori tikanga rua o Aotearoa nei.
Te Waka Pākākano has the responsibility for:
- Line management of Te Waka Pākākano | Office of Māori, Pacific and Equity
- Advisory Board to the AVC Māori, Pacific and Equity and Kā Waimaero | Ngāi Tahu Research Centre.
- Implementing Te Rautaki Māori | Strategy for Māori Development
- UC's Bicultural Competence and Confidence Framework paper and Appendix.
- Oversight of Māori research at UC.
- Links with key strategic partners: Kā Waimaero | Ngāi Tahu Research Centre and Aotahi School of Māori and Indigenous Development.
- Māori Academic Moderation Komiti.
- Te Ohu Reo request form
This form will cover requests for te reo content, including translations, cultural content in English and te reo Māori, and naming requests. You must speak to a Kaiārahi first before you submit the form.
- UC’s relationship with mana whenua.
- UC’s relationship with Ngāi Tahu.
- Maintaining and advancing the University’s profile with iwi organisations.
- Maintaining and advancing the University’s profile with the wider Māori and Pacific community.
Whakapā mai ki Te Waka Pākākano
Contact the Office of the Assistant Vice-Chancellor Māori, Pacific and Equity