Billing and payments

Making a payment to UC

The Accounts Receivable staff issue invoices and receive all income for the University.

Please note: We do not accept cash payments.

Invoice payment options include:

  • Online banking – see below for bank details
  • Online via our website by credit card* or debit card
  • If you have a student number any tuition fees should be paid via MyUC
  • In person by credit card* at Student Finance, Level 3 Te Pātaka, Puaka-James Hight Building

If paying by internet banking or our online application, ensure you include your customer / student number and invoice reference so that your payment can be processed without delay.

 *Accepted credit cards are Visa and Mastercard

University of Canterbury bank account details are as follows:

Bank Name: ANZ Bank

Branch Name: Auckland (Q&V)

Account Name: University of Canterbury

Account Number: 01 1839 0036732 00

Swift (Routing) Number: ANZBNZ22

Bank Address: Corner Queen and Victoria Street, Auckland

Accounts Receivable queries should be emailed to or by phone to 03 369 3467

Charging UC for goods or services

The University of Canterbury prefers to use a Purchase Order to buy goods or services. Suppliers need to quote the purchase order number on their invoice to ensure payment. The University of Canterbury has general terms and conditions which apply to all Purchase Orders raised by the University, unless the supplier is governed by a specific supplier contract. See our General Terms and Conditions of Supply v1.6 Revised 26Sept19 .

Supplier invoices must be sent to

Receiving a payment from UC

We prefer to pay suppliers, employees and students by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). We prefer to send remittances by email so the remittance is sent on the same day as the payment. If this option is not available please contact Accounts Payable.

Need more information?