Membership freeze or cancellation
There may be times you need to freeze your membership for a brief time or cancel it entirely before the duration of the contract is complete.
Our Terms & Conditions form part of your contract and provide the guidelines to your entitlements. When you sign your membership form or agree to the T&C's for online memberships, you are agreeing to these terms. We use these terms to make decisions on requests for early cancellation or to freeze memberships.
- Staff, Friends of UC and Community members with 12-month memberships can freeze their membership online via the Client Portal.
- Minimum period to go on hold is 4-weeks.
- Maximum period to go on hold is 12-weeks.
- Maximum of two 'freezes' in any 12-month period.
- Freeze requests cannot included the End of Year Close period (Between Christmas and New Years).
- The decision to freeze a membership shall be entirely at the University’s sole discretion.
For the full terms and conditions of your membership contract, please see your copy of your contract.
- Login to the Client Portal.
- Click on the [Account] tab followed by the [Contract Details] tab.
- Open your membership.
- Click on the [Freeze Contract] button.
- Select the terms of your freeze and click apply.
Your freeze will end automatically, however you can log back into the Client Portal at anytime to end your freeze yourself.
If you encounter any difficulties during this process please get in touch with our Customer Experience Supervisor.
Cancellation of membership
- Staff, Friends of UC, and Community members may apply to terminate memberships early.
- To apply, please address an email to the Customer Experience Supervisor outlining your reason to request a cancellation and proposed end date. You may be asked to provide evidence as necessary to support your application (eg job offer, surgeon/doctor certificate).
- Any refund granted is calculated pro-rata for the term already used, and an administration fee of $30 is deducted off the final amount, should your request be approved.