Sports Leadership and Management
There is growing demand for people qualified to work in sport leadership, administration, marketing, and management in Aotearoa. The rapid growth in the industry has opened up exciting opportunities across the sports and recreation sector.
The Sports Leadership and Management major prepares you to work in the sport, exercise, and recreation industries by developing skills in management, organisational theory, motivation, and problem-solving.
- Take part in a 120-hour internship in a sports organisation of your choice.
- This major blends sports leadership, sociology, and coaching; management; and marketing.
- Take part in practical courses, a noho marae experience, and field trips beyond the classroom.
Sports Leadership and Management major
For the major in the Bachelor of Sport Coaching, complete the following courses:
You will gain a strong grounding in transferable career skills which are highly valued in the workforce, including leadership, communication, motivation, and teamwork.
Some career pathways could include:
- National and regional sport organisations
- Sport, community, and outdoor recreation
- School sport organisations
- Community and high performance sport teams.
Find out more about what you can do with a degree in Sport Coaching.
Level 3, Rehua building – see campus maps
Te Kaupeka Oranga | Faculty of Health
Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Browse related subjects to Sports Leadership and Management
Choose an area that you are interested in and learn how UC's extensive range of study options can let you study what you want to.
Sport Coaching graduates are motivated and passionate leaders who inspire others towards success in sport, athletic development, and physical and mental ...