Sport Coaching graduates are motivated and passionate leaders who inspire others towards success in sport, athletic development, and physical and mental health.
- Topics ranging in sport and anatomy science, coaching practice, and culture with a focus on your sports of interest.
- Practical learning and work experience opportunities with real-world sporting organisations.
- Choose from a Certificate in Sport Coaching or a Graduate Certificate in Sport Coaching to begin your coaching career or enhance your current practice.
In many bachelor's degrees, there is also a Sport Coaching minor available.
This study develops transferable skills in motivation and leadership, teaching, and wellbeing knowledge that would work well in sporting, educational, and health roles.
Career pathways could include:
- sports coach
- personal trainer
- outdoor and recreational sports guide
- policy and health advisor.
Find out more about what you can do with a degree in Sport Coaching.
Level 3, Rehua building – see campus maps
Te Kaupeka Oranga | Faculty of Health
Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Browse related subjects to Sport Coaching
Choose an area that you are interested in and learn how UC's extensive range of study options can let you study what you want to.
Youth and Community Leadership explores national and global challenges that impact today’s youth and our communities, and looks at ways to create meaningful ...